2006 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Brilliance
By xzizx on 06/30/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The increase in vehicle interaction from the Insights digital display takes driving to a new standard. One where it is possible for precision gas saving. Very little guessing. Bad driving is spelled out right in front of you with lower mpg. Keeps one honest. At least more so than a vehicle w/o the same type of display. My 2006's Marconi sticker claims 57 City 56 Hghwy. I beat that easily. Took about a week for me to regularly beat those numbers. Avg City romps bring 66-70 mpg. Highway, which is supposed to be lower is even higher. Might have to do with having rare Cruise Control Option. Set it at 50-55 mph and the mileage is 70+mpg. These figs are w/o A/c running.

Fun little car, great for So Cal!
By Dude on 03/02/07 21:37 PM (PST)

I've always wanted an Insight since they first came out years back. In CA I have the carpool lane sticker, and it's invaluable as it always comes in handy having the extra lane as an option. Car is very reliable and had only minor quirks ( rear view mirror fix, and power window track cleaning ). It is super fun to drive, and has great handling. It is SUPER efficient on gas, and pretty quick and fast as well. There is some storage capability as well, and it's great for So. CA. It might not work as well in rain and snow areas, as it is low to the ground and has small tires, but if you live in a moderate climate, it is really an excellent car to own!!!

The best car i own
By CHAZODIN on 12/14/06 10:17 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I have 5 cars and barely touch my MB, my BMW, my Escalade, my classic Bentley Convertible, or any guzzler. This is the most fun car to drive and I forget the last time each time I fill the 10.6 gal tank....I get up to 70 mpg.

Great Car
By jbyrne on 10/16/06 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I traded in my mercury Marquis when gas went over $3.00 per gallon. I drive a lot with my job and this car saves me $100/1000 miles compared to the old car. I figured out I could give my money to Honda or Mobil. I am getting between 65-70 per gallon at 65-70MPH. I drive about 3000 miles per month. I am just as comfortable in this car as the mercury.

Go twice as far for half as much
By Matt on 06/14/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

If you have a long commute to work like I do, this is the car for you. I have a 120 mile round trip each day from work. I was driving a blazer before gas was even breaking $2.00/gal and was spending more each month on gas then my car payment. I still have the blazer, because I live in New England, and this car will not get you out of the snow. It has smooth pick up, and at 75-80mph I still average 52mpg. You can't beat that.

Great Insight
By Robert on 05/20/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

I have owned this car for 5 years. It has more storage than others give it credit for. Love this car, no problems of service required so far. I own a Prius too. Both are great cars. Was in an accident, T-boned by an elderly woman. No damage to my body.

no contest for economy
By Dave on 05/19/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

No change between 2001 and 2006, so I expect the same from this one as the 2001 I traded in after 95000 flawlessly economical miles. Construction ensures rust will never be a problem. Small, yes, but agile, warmer and more practical than a motorcycle. Honda, keep making it. If you build it, they will come, especially as gas keeps climbing.

Insight
By Rex on 05/09/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

I Purchased this Insight used and have very pleased with it thus far. Average day to day fuel economy has been in the high 60's with mid to high 80's easily attainable during extended highway driving.

Great car for commuters
By cha11 on 04/28/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

Great car for driving to and from work. This car pays for itself by cutting my gas bill $100 a week. Couldn't be happier with the performance.

Exactly what I need
By griller on 04/22/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

This is a great little commuter car. I does exactly what I need it to do: get me and my briefcase across town, warm and dry on very little gas. The car is fun to drive in the same way the old MG's and small sports cars of the past were. Not too much power, but that is part of the fun and challenge of driving them. That said I have no trouble navigating traffic with the power the Insight delivers, in fact it is remarkably quick off the line. I get the advertised mileage of 55 mpg in city driving. Instrumentation is simple and adequate. This car is not for everybody, but if you just need to get yourself back and forth to work each day, and mpg is an issue, it is very hard to beat the Insight.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.