2013 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:
I came from a 430HP M3. And I couldn't be happier!
By crzducatiman on 08/13/14 19:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Yes, I sold my 08 BMW M3, which was a beast. But I got sick of spending $73 for gas 2.5 times per week on my 55 miles to work. I got the CR-Z because I wanted a hybrid but still have some fun. The car teaches you how to drive efficiently. It's like playing a video game while driving. My 1+ hour commutes are over in NO TIME now. Not because I'm going faster, but because I'm having more fun. It's awesome. (This is also because the CR-Z EX has an AMAZING stereo. Sound is unbelievable. The EPA estimates on MPG are WAY off. I just got over 53 MPG the other day in economy mode! I love that I can drive in econ mode but hit the S+ button for full electric power to pass!

way more them they give credit
By moody17 on 04/17/14 05:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

when you look at the stats and specs that this car is givin its misleading. saying its not fast enuf or the gasmilage isnt what its supost to be, i must disagree i got the 6mt and was told 31-38 thats not what im getting im up to 43 avg. and the 0-60 they claim im blowing it away and i havent even givin it all its got its about 6 sec witch is faster then any car in its price range the sport and eco buttons make a huge diffrence and the s+ gives you something extra too. i think if honda and other companies would have tested it properly they would have sold more. i wasnt going to buy it after looking up online reviews but after testing it i couldnt refuse its far more then they give it credit

An awesome blend--
By 20gauge on 03/12/14 15:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2006 Mini. Same MPG as my CRZ but used premium. The CRZ has proven to be more practical for stuff than the Mini was for me. Traded the Mini in 18 months on an Prius. 50 MPG--but--BORING !! No driver connection at all. Makes the CRZ feel like an Elise! My CRZ is base with a CVT-- BUT paddle shifters and sport mode and this buggy can zoom down a twisty country road with great aplomb and put a smile on an road course instructors face too. I have been getting 38-42 MPG per tank as well. I've tested the Fiesta, Focus and some Asian itty-bittys. The CRZ is much sportier as a momentum car, not a point and squirt car like most car magazine reviewers want. I just wish it was RWD.

Great little car!
By mom2tigger on 02/24/14 19:03 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

My son needed a new car. After test driving the Ford Fiesta and checking out the Veloster and Civic SI, he decided on a cr-z and we are happy he did. The car gets very good gas mileage for around town (average 34.1 with a/c running most of the time and usually in normal mode). You can't go by the EPA mileage rates because that doesn't take into consideration the option to drive in Econ mode to increase fuel efficiency. Look up what actual drivers are posting for what they are getting and you will be surprised. We have the 2014 ex with the lithium ion batteries. Car has plenty of pep in normal mode and is really fun to drive so I don't know what the reviewer is comparing it to.

Replaced my CRX
By karr3 on 05/26/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Purchased the CRZ to replace my old CRX which had 400,000 miles on it. I drove the CVT model and it was very dull. However, the Manual transmission is tons of fun to drive. I look for reasons to drive this car because it is so much fun to drive and the gas cost practically nothing. Price of the car was a bargain and with the 3 different driving modes I get the feeling like I purchased 3 different cars. I can drive fast and reckless in sport mode, or slow and fuel efficient in ECO. Overall this car is extremely fun to drive; the instrumentation on the dash board makes me feel like I’m flying a space ship. But don’t expect the Porsche like handling that the CRX delivered.

Fun and fuel efficient car
By kingme8 on 03/08/13 12:53 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The CRZ is a rare mix of Hybrid MPG and sport mode. The 3 mode driving system is really convenient. You can switch between the modes at any time during your drive. The 2013 comes with a more powerful lithium ion battery this year, as well as S+ button for a 5 second burst of speed, and a back up camera. Some of the negatives: -Rear window visibility(backup camera helps) -No armrest in the center(Although you can buy a slide in accessory) -No locking gas flap Overall, I really love this car. When you sit in the cockpit, the blue panel looks really futuristic. Even though I'm getting better MPG, I think I'm spending more on gas because I want to find reasons to drive it.

I love my 2013 Purple CR-Z
By prpldawn on 02/28/13 22:10 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had my CR-Z for two months, but I love it. I owned a 1985 CRX-SI, and the CR-Z is the flower child of the CRX with current tech functionality. When looking for a new vehicle, my main requirement was it had to be PURPLE, and the Passion Berry Pearl is a beautiful deep/dark purple. The continuously variable transmission is an adjustment, since I always drove a manual transmission, but I enjoy not having to use a clutch. I am still waiting to get the mileage mentioned on the Honda website, but most of my driving so far has been city driving, with lots of hills and stop and go. Still, I am averaging 30 mpg. I look forward to my first road trip to test the fuel efficiency.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda CR-Z in VA is:

$128 per month*