Speedy but unsteady
By joe_prog on
2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
My SI sedan came with a leather interior. Yes, the car is noisy, it is designed to be that way. I got rid of a lot of the booming by lining the trunk, the doors and part of the floorboard with RAAMmat. The left front fender is designed to be an acoustic amplifier for the intake. This became apparent when the exhaust noise was dampened. My third gear was sticky. I replaced the oil with Royal Purple and it is perfect now. When I leave from a standing stop, sometimes, the steering wheel lurches to the right. Also, sometimes, I hear a popping noise from the left front wheel. All in all, a disappointing car.
Favorite Features
The engine. It makes the best noises. Also, the stereo is very clear. The car is quick through traffic. Visibility is good. It drives like a much larger car.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the DRLs. A cop pulled me over when an oncoming car drove off the rode. I still can't figure that one out either! Work on the build quality. Popping noises and dodgy steering aren't acceptable on a Chery, much less a Honda.