2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My 2nd Civic
By dalesws6 on 01/23/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love the car. When Honda called doing a survey after I purchased it they asked what influenced me buying my car more than anything else. My answer was my last civic, it is a 1990 model with 331,000 miles on the original drive train and I still use it as my daily driver. The only complaint I have with the new car is that the driver side door pull should of been angled up more toward the window (as is the passenger side pull) as it interferes with side leg room by as much as 3 1/2 inches compared to the older civic and the lack of being able to spread your legs is quite noticeable. In my opinion if it's a Honda you can't go wrong, best car I have ever owned and the only one I considered buying.

fun to drive
By jason freeman on 01/23/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I feel its a small car. yet very sporty and fun to drive. I have experienced a very secure feeling on long distance trips, and gas is great, very city friendly for parking.

5th HONDA CIVIC & NOT THE LAST
By LEC on 01/23/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned a new Mercedes 190 'Baby Benz', a Chevy Camaro & Citation, a Ford Fiesta, Pinto & Taurus, a Pontiac Fiero. I've leased numerous vehicles including Cadillacs, Lincolns & Buicks. And as an automotive engineer I've tested and driven dozens of vehicles including Porsches & Corvettes. Most are more expensive, more powerful and more glamorous but the Honda Civic is the vehicle I am most comfortable with having my wife and three (now) college children drive. NEVER a defect or failure, best powertrains in the automotive industry, direct handling, ergonomically right with comfortable interior space & trunk and great dealer service. I'm looking forward to seeing the new model this fall.

This is the real thing
By Badguy23 on 01/22/05 23:47 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

The Honda Civic Hybrid is Comfortable bu maintains a sporty feel. The fuel mpg was only 36.6 while breaking in but into a head wind for 330 miles the mpg was 46.6 and returning home for the same didtance with no wind either way the mpg jumped to 50.3. And here's the best part, the manual Hybrid was $20350 vs the prius @ 23400 for the same features. A no brainer cuzz the $3000 will pay for the gas for the life of the car. Am I happy I bought it? You BET. I got mine.

A great little car, comfort, economy, de
By Bill Clark on 01/22/05 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Again a great little car, good comfort, great economy, very dependable, a tad too low to ground for my pleasure because it gives the feeling of economy and not something to tell your luxury car owners about though I consider mine very luxurous. You might improve on the lines a little and maybe have a better color selection. Quietness of operation is a great plus also, how did you do that, make it so quiet?

My New Honda Civic LX
By Steven Glatter on 01/22/05 11:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Honda Civic from Rick Case Honda in October 2004. As a former owner of a 1996 Saturn SL which was starting to show signs of needing more frequent repairs, my fellow coworkers recommended that I get a Honda Civic instead of a Saturn Ion because a Honda is a more reliable and dependable vehicle. I also checked Consumer Reports and they rated the Honda Civic as one of their top choices as a quality vehicle for about the same price of a Saturn Ion. I also did not particularly care for the interior design of the Ion's instrument panel. The Honda Civic is a very reliable and dependable car for the money and I am very satisfied with my final decision to purchase a Honda.

Loving my car
By nick on 01/15/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased civic EX speical edition. this car is rare...so the dealers try to play with the price...by saying it is rare. But, only $200 MSRP difference gets you a leather stripped steering wheel, a rear spoiler, very nice alloy wheels, and an AWESOME looking 6 disc in dash MP3 player~~~~after driving smooth Camry V6 for years. I wanted to buy this car because of the look and the fuel economy. Overall, I'm very happy with this car.

Quiet car
By Matt Morgan on 01/13/05 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car because it is so quiet. I test drove it on sevral occasions beforehand, and I liked the fact that even when the gas engine is running it is so quiet. It won't win any races, but that's not the intent of this kind of car. The intent is to be a quiet, economical car (that happens to be very environmentally friendly), and it accomplishes these goals admirably. This is the car I should have purchased when I was shopping a couple of years ago. I bought a VW back then, and though I loved it, it was unreliable. No longer my problem.

4 Cylinders should be banned
By KLS on 01/12/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well, what can I say kids? It's definitely not an Accord, not in its/my wildest dreams. I drove an Accord EX for 6 years and never thought I liked the car all that much. As a matter of fact, I used to refer to it as the most boring car on the road. What I wouldn't give for an Accord EX now! The Civic EX is a fine car; but after driving a V6, I just can't get used to feeling like I'm driving the little engine that keeps telling itself, "I think I can, I think I can," at the slightest incline, during merging on to the highway, or changing lanes. I've put 5000 miles on my Civic since I bought it 2 months ago. I will not be driving this car 6 years from now like I did my 98 Accord EX.

best car in the wh0le w0rld!
By arwen on 01/08/05 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

this is the best car anyone can ever drive! its small... fast... fun to drive... its very spacious for a small car, so anything and anyone can fit in there.