Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Sierra-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Almost 100% happy, Customers come first.
By mike

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Looked for the right truck, was going to buy new or used, but had to be the right one. Looked at all makes and then i was in a Dodge dealer looking at new dodges and there was the truck that had allmost every thing i wanted and it was used. There are only 2 things i think GM needs to work on, 1 Fuel economy they can make trucks with great fuel economy, i get 580km on a tank, i think it should get at lest 800km in the city, my 92 chevy diesel gets 650km in the city. 2 i hate the hesitation when stepping on the gas to pass, come on GM you can put toyota and all the rest in the dust if you really wanted to. Why do you think people by foreign?

Favorite Features

Body Stye, Height, comfort, power

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy,Shifting

A truck is a truck
By Greg's Work Truck

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this truck for the sole purpose of hauling things. We chose the regular cab, 8ft bed 4.3l automatic work truck. We have rental property and we decided we needed a basic truck with lots of bed space. Our GMC does the job very well. We load lots of stuff in the back and doesn't strain, not one bit. Sheets of plywood and drywall fit perfectly. I am not a fan of trucks, so I don't get excited driving it. The flip down covers for the power ports broke and were replaced. The rubber stops for the gas cover broke and were replaced. All else is good. Its a truck. The airbag light comes on and shuts off the engine. The dealer updated the software and it hasn't happened again.

Favorite Features

8ft bed. Hauls as much as we can put in it. Dash looks nice for a truck. Simple and easy to use. Seats are comfortable. Ride comfort is good for a truck. Material quality is good so far. Mechanically sound. Handles reasonably well. Brakes ok. I'm happy with my choice.

Suggested Improvements

It would've been nice to receive a note from GMC telling me to bring it in for the software update. The power ports need a better cover - it feels like they'll break again. Cover the inside of the rear wheel wells with something black. Make a CD player standard.

Bad vibes in regular cab 8' box
By reb

The gas consumption is terrible. 14 mph not driving over 55. The tire monitoring system we can do without it. The split seats are uncomfortable, what was wrong with the bench seat. With the new design there is no room behind the seat for any items. The jack cannot be replaced to its position behind the passenger seat without being a contortionist. The jack is totally inadequate I used it once and was fearful the truck would fall. I found a scissor jack at a thrift to replace the factory jack. The controls for the ac are way to exotic. Don't need auto head lights, I know when it dark, the truck and controls are just too complicated. I am one sorry dude for buying this. I want my 94 GMC back

Favorite Features

Great v eight sound, quiet engine, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Make OnStar an option make tire monitoring system on or off get rid of the auto headlamps simplify the radio and ac controls ABS should be optional

Seats
By eib

This is a great truck. It's just not as much truck as the 2000 Chevy it replaced. I've had to wait to long to be able to get accessories like a cap, cruise control. To replace the radio is way over the top to deal with as all the electric in the dash go through the radio.

Favorite Features

I like the tow manners and the power to make it happen. The gas mileage is good but not as good as the last one with the same engine.

Suggested Improvements

The seats should be able to fold forward to be able to use the room behind the seats. The passenger seat could even fold flat forward to make a small table or work space at least make acces to the space behind the seats.

Nice toy
By dale

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had it for a year and love it. Small annoyances are sound of air leak behind passenger seat, seats do not tilt forward enough to get access to storage, seat material difficult to clean (lint). Really wanted leather but not available in this size. Gas mileage is still 16 mpg, my Yukon (2007) with 5.3 is 18? Go figure!