2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Truck
By silvers on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my Ranger XLT w/4.0 V6 for about 7 months. No mechanical or appearance problems. Truck is really fun to drive, comfortable, runs quiet for a truck and is very smooth. Have used it for just pleasure, hauling yard debris, furniture....greater performer for each use.

Best deal on small truck
By redrodz1 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Started out wanting a toyota P/u and bought a ford.I test drove all small trucks and the ford for price,fuel economy,style and quality was my choice.Previously owned a nissan and toyota small truck.The ford truck has caught up and surpassed the imports in my mind. Insurance rates and dealer service rates were cheaper too.I like my ford pickup and would recommend it highly.

i will never buy another Ford ranger
By John Buettner on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 1995 ranger was a great truck, never had a problem with it and drove it for 8 years. Bought a new 2003 and have had nothing but problems, its been in the shop over 7 times this year and two of the times it needed to be towed in, i drive for my job and cant afford to have this many problems with this truck, iam in the process of trading it in on a new Toyota pick-up this weekend, thanks John/seamars1@aol.com

best small truck-that i've ever owned
By jbc on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

no problems so far,,four wheel drive controls..are easy to use....lot's of power...run's great,,,ride is not bad...but it is bumpie on rough roads..poor gas mileage so far using 87 octane...

Second Ranger
By phylypso on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Edge is a very precise handling truck, due in large measure to its suspension I suppose. Don't move the steering wheel unless you want the truck to change direction. In trade for that precision handling, you sacrifice ride comfort. It is a rough ride, and the seat quality leaves a lot to be desired, but then again, this is a sport truck. At 20000 the idler pulley went, and the windshield is typical Ranger in that anything harder than treesap will chip, crack or break the glass. The fog lights are not simply a coolness thing. They work well. Easy in and out, except the jumpseats, and easy to clean interior.

My Ranger FX4
By lruff on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Ranger is comfortable and fun to drive. I get 20 miles to the gal. of gas on the hiway and around 16 to 17 in town.

outstanding small truck
By rogahunt on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with all aspects of this vehicle. Nice looking and strong. Gas mileage could be better.

I don't know
By Peterpan on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think that this model of thee Ford Ranger is a very good and smooth driving minipickup truck.

First Extended Cab I've Owned
By Jim Frederick on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I needed more interior space so purchased the Ranger extended cab. The 3.0 L V6 has plenty of power. Auto transmission shifts smoothly. I'm surprised at 2,400 RPM when cruising @ 65 MPH on the highway. Thought it would be closer to 2,000. Wish seat could fold fwd. enough to access behind seat space without having whole seat slide fwd. Should be a good truck overall. I do miss my F-150.

2003 Ranger XLT Value Package
By kassonk on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

4.0L, 5-spd. Auto. Trans, A/C, 4WD. Coming off 2 excellent Toyota trucks, the Ford is WAY more truck for the money. Build quality is equal to that of Toyota and performance, ride, and ruggedness surpasses Toyota. Long-term quality is the only question, but Consumer Reports rates the Ranger equal to the Tacoma. Love this truck. Price, performance, quality, ride - everything. Did switch truck over to synthetic fluids @750 miles (Amsoil).