2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Ford Fusion Hybrid - the futur

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Ford Fusion Hybrid - the future is here!
By S Elliott on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have not owned my Hybrid for very long (since it's a 2010), but the car is fun to drive and worth the money. I drive an equal mix of highway, rural and city, I average 37.5 miles a gallon (WOW). The car is very streamlined inside and out. I have the 501A package and I'm very happy. Don't think because it's a hybrid it will be lacking on power. This can move and excellerate with its strong 2.5L engine, which has almost 200HP. It is a smooth ride, but with a different style of tires and rims it could be a little smoother. Drives like a sports car, room like a sedan and gas sipper like a sub-compact. The back seat will hold 3 people but as with any car its size it would be a tight fit.

Rearview Camera, Stereo/6CD Changer/Sync (voice activated/hands free), programable digital dash, lots of power (electrical and motor), backup and side (passing) sensors, and lots more...

The gas peddle is in a tighter spot, when wearing boots the side of my foot can accidentally hit the break pad. The seat are nice and comfortable but at 230 I feel I'm just at the edge of the comfort range. Seats are contoured and a bigger person might feel like your getting pushed in your kidneys.