2013 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Great car if you don't

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 6-speed Automated Manual)

Great car if you don't drive in the winter
By fordguy29 on

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car 6 months ago have 11,000 miles on it and loved it I have the manual so I have had no issues, no shaky parts or rattling, IDK what they are talking about. But drove to work on first snow storm barley covered the roads and I had no traction, traction control almost hurt me worse had to shut it off to get any momentum. Got stuck at a stop light even. I have all season tires on it and it is the worst car I have driven in the winter. Anyone else experience this? I'm debating on trading cars already. Any advice or comments?

Favorite Features

Love the interior and the exterior looks! Very fun car to drive when roads are not covered with water or snow. Gas mileage is great no complaints their. Love they made a manual, save the manuals!! Love it.

Suggested Improvements

Put all wheel drive in this bad boy and you will have a great competitor with Subaru Impreza! If not improve weight ratio so traction control will be more effective. Love the car but winter driving is terrible bad enough for me to consider trade even though I will lose money.
By massiejs09
on 02/14/14 09:31 AM (PST)

I bought my 2013 Ford Focus in August 2012. I currently have 16,200 miles on it and am trading it in because it handles like the biggest piece of crap in inclement weather. It just isn't safe. The car gets NO traction if there is even the smallest dusting of snow on the ground. I have also had to have the sunroof fixed because there is a design flaw in the construction and every time it rained really hard my passenger floor board had about 0.25" of standing water in it. The gas mileage doesn't get anywhere near what I was quoted (38mpg hwy). I think the most I've gotten out of it is 31mpg but average about 26mpg. Just not a good experience with this car. I'm going back to Honda.

By tjperaza
on 02/21/14 19:54 PM (PST)

I live in Utah and have to commute 60 miles to work. I haven't had a problem with my 2013 Focus Titanium. I have an automatic though so I wonder if that makes the difference. We have had some pretty good snowstorms where I have passed a lot of cars in the ditch. My car handled well and never slid around once.

By myob
on 02/24/14 23:10 PM (PST)

A set of dedicated winter tires will set you back a lot less than the bath you'd take trading the car so early. Also this winter was worse than most for not only volume of snow but the type. Icy stuff can be slicker. For under $1,000 you can get wheels/tires that will handle any snow. Just mount them on some Focus take-offs from Ebay. Why ruin the fun the other 8 months of the year?