2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: So Sad to Luv Ford

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

So Sad to Luv Ford
By C Montana on

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As of 4.28.09 I have 93k mi on a F350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed purchased in September 06. I've had four Ford Pickups before this one; which is my biggest disappointment. 50% of my trips include hauling or towing. I only get 13.2 mpg empty and 9.6 mpg hauling (down to 6 mpg when hauling heavy loads). Beware of constant mechanical problems. Three sets of front axle seals, three of the blue rubber boots between the turbo and intercooler, both front wheel bearings (at $850 a pop), a front hub assembly, rear pinion seal, turbo problems and more EGR Valves than I can count. Ford covered some of the repairs but I've spent over $8,000 on Repairs & Maintenance in 2 1/2 years (incl: oil & tires)

Favorite Features

Looks, Comfortable seats/interior, Good Stereo, Tow Haul mode, upfitter switches, 20" Goodyear Wrangler tires are only $146 each from the Ford dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Quiet the racket from the engine and give me a truck I can go to work in every day instead of the repair shop. I'll put up the poor fuel economy and lack of power (compared to my buddys with a Duramax or Cummins) And how about weather stripping at the bottom of the door that keeps the mud out?