2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: 2011 F-250 Amazing

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

2011 F-250 Amazing
By Wade Ratcliff on

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I hope everyone's experience with their 6.7L Power Stroke F-250 is as good as mine has been so far, 6 weeks in. I purchased a 2011 F-250 6.7L PS, 4door, 4wd crew cab FX4, spec'd out and ordered. I sold my 2008 6.4L Power Stroke (reluctantly) to get the new one. I say "reluctantly" because it was a great truck with only two areas I would have liked improved--fuel mileage and turbo lag (from a dead stop). As we say in the South "boys, let me tell ya," Ford improved both and improved them well. Power and response is nothing short of amazing. Fuel mileage is 17 mpg in town and 20 mpg hwy (65 mph). Hwy mileage drops to about 17.5 to 18 mpg at 75 mph and I have 3:55 EL axle with 18" wheels.

Amazing power and response with low noise. Fuel mileage is also great and my truck just hit 1,500 miles today--so it should only improve. I had to special order a "camper package" (1 extra helper leaf with stabilizer) to get 3:55 EL ratio with 18" wheels (only choice with 18" wheels is 3:31)

Wish the front grill came up with the hood like on 2008 through 2010 models as I like to inspect radiator and blow out with an air hose when needed. Wish you got true "All Terrain Tires" when you ordered FX4 with 18" wheels and not street tires. Otherwise, awesome job guys!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review