2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC Lariat sb 7.3, 3.55
By justbrilliant on 10/01/12 15:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck off the first owner back in 2006 with 100k. I paid $14k for it. It is an amazing vehicle, with fit, finish and power. The paint is nicer then my new cars, no rust, no scratches, no dents. It now has 150k. I have done usual maintenance, water pump, fluids, brakes, tires. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle. My only regret is that I didn't buy the Crew Cab dually, because then I could tow a HOUSE.

Working Ford
By Luv OurFrd Trks :-) on 08/01/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

We have owned our Working Ford to haul landscape equipment up mountains. Strong, Reliable. We hauled our home to Vegas and now driving it on the beach and recreational with our kayaks and to go fishing. We Love Ford Trucks, always owned them. One of the few investments that have turned out good for us "middle Class" folks!

One Awesome Truck
By 2000f-250psd on 06/18/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

Upgraded from a f-150 what a change this is what driving a truck should feel like 7.3 P.S.D. great motor pulls anything you can hook it to. Exhaust, intake and, chip make it a whole new truck. Couldn't be happier with a vehicle.

Diesel is Reliable and More
By Lee Lomax on 06/09/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

Truck has now been used 10 years and people still tell me it looks great and they have no idea it is that old. I pull horse trailers and it is great for that even on mountain roads. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a fantastic truck experience.

tough truck!
By country88 on 05/15/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

my truck has over 311000 miles and running great! about 100000 miles of that pulling 7000lbs. i've owned 4 f- 250's over the years, this truck gets the worst mpg around town but does better then my other trucks on the highway! 9mpg to 15mpg!

A great truck
By Spamy on 01/09/10 09:49 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Ive owned this for 10 years and have ran up 56000 miles. I use it mostly for towing and it works incredibly well for that purpose. The only problems I have every had with this truck were self inflicted. With a lift and bid tires one of the hubs went out at 45k mi. Washing out the engine compartment lead to a shorting COP (coil on plug). Its been a great truck.

2000 XLT Ex Cab 7.3L 373,000 & counting
By gz on 10/22/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is a real work horse 373,000 and still quient and strong. These are not normal trucks the 7.3L diesel is powerful and reliable

Good Truck
By WyoCamper on 06/22/09 21:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

While my wife has her little car, this is our main transportation for highway use, and it's my only form of transportation. We bought it a decade ago to pull a 30-foot 5th wheel camper, and that's been its primary "truck" use. Problems included a half dozen or so glow plug replacements, some kind of clutch problem (warranty) and a couple minor (cheap) glitches that resulted in limping to the dealer. All were fixed quickly.

It's been good to me
By a work horse on 02/04/09 15:43 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck pulls anything I hook up to. It has 169000 miles and still going. Wanting a crew cab now. When I had younger children this was great now my son is 6ft not as comfortable for him now. Where crew cab would be great for anyone. The V10 is great. I will buy another Ford and probably keep this one. Not worth much as trade but great for work

My big truck
By Lonnie on 10/14/07 06:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My experience with this truck has been exceptional. I have owned it for 6 years and with 150,000 miles have never had it in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance and 2 recall notices. The truck has more than enough power and towing capacity to meet any job I have.