2009 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
old to new
By homer simpson on 04/30/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Well my 1985,302,fi, finally went to help some concrete from falling down (sadness). But alass i have found another truck to love for 300000 miles. The power when punched with the H.O. 4.6 is surprizing. It will cause ur wallet to empty at the tire store. The inside is a great update from my old tank. the sound from the 6 cd sirrus radio is beautiful. the seats are comfortable and the room is big enough for a dead body with the back seats up. the outside styling is another reason to buy this truck. the new styled tailgate that weighs half of the 85s and the chrome grill is an eye catcher. The new alloy wheels are another great update. I compare it to my 85 but the wife drives an '05 4dr.

All trucks compromise this one does best
By CWD in AR on 04/30/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The new 6-speed automatic takes a little getting used to, since the first 3 gears are spaced so close together (3rd gear by 20 mph). But it allows for better fuel mileage and towing, so it's worth it. Yes, as the other reviews have mentioned the stationary head rest takes some getting used to, but it's rarely an issue. Very smooth ride, quiet, and stylish. The Lariat interior (spring for the captain's chairs with the floor shift) is very, very nice. There are so many little features that add to the comfort of this truck that you'll still be discovering (and appreciating) them a few weeks in. Give it a test drive, you'll be surprised how nice it is.

Go for the Platinum-BUY AMERICAN!
By dvick on 04/15/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Looked at everything on market- saw the competitive videos that Ford did, that, plus the fact that it is an IIHS Safety pick made the decision-even tough I liked the looks of the Dodge better. Go for the Platinum, you get the deployable running boards, infinitely adjustable tilt wheel and much more for less than $1G more than the KRanch. Others talked about the headrests, they can be bent back out of the way w/out hurting the seat. Only have about 275 miles, all in town, getting about 12mpg, about as expected. This is one ritzy truck, rides like a Caddy, hauls like a Superduty; safe, strong, well built- can't go wrong! Will update later when I know more about MPG over long haul.

FX-4 ROCKS!!!
By j.m. on 04/14/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I keep writing reports because everyone must know how great Ford Trucks are. I just sold my 05 FX-4 with 92,000 for $15,000 and that truck was great. Not one single problem! I have had this 09 since late October, and between horse trailering and work, I have accumulated 17,600 miles. Friend and I did 2800 mile roadtrip from NJ to FL in Feb. and I ave. 19.1 mpg doing 75 with ac on and that includes the Orlando and Miami Beach traffic ( and I have the biggest combo Supercrew 4x4 with 6.5 ft bed and 3.73 rear and 5.4) The ride and handling are great. I pulled a car trailer loaded with 69 Torino and 73 Suburban at the same time for 80 miles, no problem. This is simply the best truck on the road!

Drive the Ford LAST!
By GOTOPLESS on 04/14/09 08:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned them all. The last was the Toyota Limited Tundra. Yea, it is nice, but....IT WAS NOT A FORD. Ford has built a great all around truck. Easy to drive, park, haul, pull, ect. Plenty of power, great improvement in transmission, descent gas mileage, backup camera is a must for the boat pullers. No hoopla. GREAT TRUCK!

Best Ford EVER!
By Firemark on 04/14/09 02:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned several Toyotas, just sold my O4 CrewCab Tundra. I was blown away with the quality and features of the Platinum F150. This holds up well past the first impression. Now have over 3,500 miles in 3 months and haven't found any flaws. Interior room is cavernous and perfectly appointed. The reason I bought this was the rear floor space when you fold up the seats. New Tundras have NO floor space in back since seats only fold down. The Synch system took longer to learn than all other features. The blue- Tooth phone provides the best quality call ever, even vs the handset on the phone. Gas mileage exceeds my old Tundra, never less that 13.5 with best 15.5 on a highway trip.

Love The Truck-but it needs a 'Nose Job'
By dvickers on 04/06/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Haven't purchased one yet, but soon will-looked at everything else- really liked the dodge, but safety rating on Dodge(side crash) unnaceptable. Superior ride, billet solid, no squeaks. Seats MUCH more supportive than last model, last one hurt my back after only 10 minutes. Ford did their homework-anti-trailer sway control might save your life-only thing I disliked is the gawdawful grill-I'm from TX, where everything is big, but they went overboard! Last model's grill much more attractive. Will purchase Platinum vs King Ranch- price it out, there's less than $1,000 difference, and you get the automatic running boards that are actually in the right place to use as a step when deployed.

poor exterior design flaws
By 20victory03 on 04/01/09 08:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased a new 2009 Ford F-150 4x4 XL Regular Cab. I Love the truck except for 2 flaws in design. First...The head rests protrude out from the seat back about 5 inches which pushes your head in a lookdown position. The seat must be reclined back in order to level out your head so you are looking out the windshield instead of down at the bottom of steering wheel. I turned the headrests backwards which now has zero protection in the event of a rear collision but it now is comfortable. Secondly, The 2 openings on either side of license plate has 2 brackets that Fords engineers have no clue of what they are for, sitting there and is an eye sore,these holes are for extra cooling. The holes supposedly, according to the engineers route extra air up to the radiator for engine cooling. If this is a fact, Ford should have installed air intake ducts to direct air up to the front of radiator...not filled the back side with a rubber mat, enclosing the area.

A+
By Craig on 03/30/09 22:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 10th new Ford truck since 1986 and may be the best one yet!. My last was a loaded 2005 supercrew. I had no complaints with it but just went looking to see what deals were out there and drove away with a new 09. Great gas mileage 19mpg, even here in WV. The extra 6" of cab room are very noticeable and appreciated (6'5" 350). 1100 miles no problems. Great truck

Could ask for more!
By Doug M. on 03/28/09 22:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my F-150 about 2 and 1/2 months ago. It was a replaemnet for my 08.5 Nissan Titan-which was totaled- it collapsed like a tin can! Bought the Ford instead of getting another Titan and definately made the right choice! It Looks better, better gas mileage, more comfortable and roomy. My family and I have taken numerous trips to see my family out of state in this short time and the family loves it! Average about 20mpg on the trip when I set the cruise at 75 very pleased with that. Just a great buy and great truck. My first ruck was a Ford and have owned a Dakota, Ram, Frontier, Titan , Ranger and will only buy an F-150 from now own! Love it. Over 500 miles a tank! 5500 miles so far..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$116 per month*