Used 2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Review of my F-150
By Jake

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford-f150 with the 5.4 V8 in it about 5 months ago. Very happy with everything thus far. I wish I would have upgraded to the leather. The cloth is fine and holds up well, but I'm going back to upgrade. I travel alot for work, so it's nice using SYNC to call customers and hold conference calls without having to worry about a bluetooth device or holding a phone.

SYNC and the back seat room. I'm a big waterfowl hunter. It's nice to fold up the seats and put all my hunting gear in the back seat. when I'm done, take out all my gear and its the family car again.

My truck didn't come with any bed liner. This is a must, and new trucks should come standard with them. I spent $350 on a Linex spray in bed liner after purchasing.

good truck
By tom

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in March 09 here it is feb 14 2010 and I have 46,000 miles already. Not one problem with this truck not even a recall. Lots of money but lots of truck. I would recommend this truck.

sony sync system and the heated seats are nice as well use then alot.

As you can tell I do lots of driving so I have two suggestions. First the seats are very stiff like to have a softer seat. I know its a lwb truck but turning radius needs improvement as possible.

traction control
By jason brannen

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

i am a ford man i have owened 6 new f- 150's i'am 32 years old.i recently bought a 2009 FX 4x4 i use my truck for hunting and alot of off road use.the traction control has gotten me stuck on 5 different occasions.traction control may be good for the highway use but i cant find anything good while using it off road but stuck.the button on the dash is a joke.my thoughts are when u put a truck 4x4 you shouldn't have to press a reset button every time you back up and go forward it stinks bad.i am really disappointed

when you make a 4x4 offroad truck thats what it should be desinged to do. its real dishearten

Dont like the trans on the 4.6
By Chef

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had an 5.4 2007 fX4 and went to the xlt 4.6 for better gas. Nice truck ,love the look inside out, but i hate the transmission. 1st just feels a little rough and when you are coming to a stop and the truck is down shifting into 1st gear it makes a jerk feel . I did not notice it the first few weeks cause I was taking it easy on the truck for the 1st 2000 miles. Just so I did not feel crazy I went to the dealer ship and drove the 5.4 eng , It feels much better. paid 29k for the truck and wanted to trade it in with only 2,300 and all they would give me is 23k. Should have tested drove the truck over night , mad at ford right now, Still going to trade for 5.4L down the road

needs to come with 20inch stock rims

Yep, It's THE Truck!
By Car Guy

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first full size truck, I hadn't thought about a truck, but I upgraded my travel trailer last year and it was all my Explorer wanted to handle. Now with 15,000 miles on the truck I have been very impressed with all aspects of the vehicle. Controls, interior layout, seat comfort, mileage...I could go on - Mileage for mixed driving always around 18 and hwy over 21, even with the 5.4 liter. I was amazed with a stretch last summer pulling a 6,200# trailer and still about 14mpg. I was also surprised that this truck actually has the lowest total cost of ownership vs the other full sized on the market. If you are looking for a truck, drive this - you'll probably own one too!

SYNC, trailer brake controller, trailer sway control, GINORMOUS back seat! Handling, seat comfort, see notes above. Really is a lot to this truck.

Wheel packages, standard wheel isn't much to look at. Otherwise, not much you can do to top the best.