2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 Heritage model:
Very reliable !!
By macf150 on 01/13/13 10:08 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 F-150 Heritage has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Currently, it has 161,000 miles and has had all routine maintenance performed.Starts evey time without fail. The 4.6L engine has proven to be more power than I need. I have owned a 97 and 98 F150 with the 4.2L V6 which seemed to have just enough power and were reliable as well. I recently test drove an 2013 F150 with the 3.7L V6 and the EcoBoost V6... What a powerplant !! I was pondering trading in my 04 but, it just didn't give me any reason to do so. First of all it's" paid off ". My goal is to reach 300K !!After all the years of ownership it still Rates 5 Stars !!

Great Looks, Bad Ride
By jcrawlinson on 04/29/12 02:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got an excellent deal on a used 2004 Ford Heritage F-150 XLT 4x4. Big, shiny, comfortable! In 2010, however, the [non-permissible content removed] the fan. The 4x4 literally fell apart. There is no reason I should have had to have the suspension, transfer case, and transmission completely replaced in a 6 year old vehicle with under 100,000 miles. Pour quality. I will never buy a Ford 4x4 again and may never buy a Ford again.

Best vehicle buy I've ever made
By BB on 01/15/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Dec. 2004 when the Heritages had big discounts. Cost 20k new. 67,000 miles now, one blown fuse. Less than a buck in total repairs! 4.6 has more power than I need. Pulls boat with ease. Lived in MN, 55 mph speed limit, got 17-18mpg on the road. Moved to SD, 75mph speed limit on interstate, 65 on 2 lane hiways. Really sucks gas at 75mph, down to 12-13mpg. At 65mph it gets 15-16. Just a quirk of the engine- tranny combination I guess. Put bigger- 265-75-16 tires on at 40k to replace the too small 235-70-16 tires it came with. Much better. Trouble free truck, great to drive, 4wd great in snow. Squeak in the dash the only minor annoyance. Best vehicle buy of my life-I'm 62

Very Good Pickup
By gman on 01/02/10 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this truck over 5 years now. It is not perfect but darn close. Have not had any real problems so far. I have had it back to the shop only once and that was for some door moulding that was coming loose. I don't put many miles on this truck each year but it has performed great so far. Fuel mileage could be better but hey, it's a truck. Finish/paint looks as good as the day I bought it. Probably only real complaint is road/wind noise. Some of that may be due to tires. Would not hesitate to buy this vehicle all over again.

Unbelievable Reliability
By Big John on 04/09/09 07:51 AM (PDT)

I can't say enough about this truck. I bought new in 7/04 and now have 58,000m, and as of 4/09, I had a blinker lightbulb go out. THAT's IT FOR REPAIRS!!!! I changed tires and redid the brakes as was necessary due to wear and tear, but otherwise...not a single problem (other than a lightbulb) in almost 60,000 miles. Not even a squeek problem. If you can find this as a used truck, I would GO FOR IT. I long hauled my boat and at other times my trailer, and had NO PROBLEMS towing them over mountains etc. More than enough power on my 4.6L Triton V-8. Who needs the bigger V-8? Not me!!! One of the few truely quality items I have ever had the joy to own in my entire lifetime. (I'm 56).

Good Truck. Excellent value.
By Buddy on 08/02/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Extremely well built, useful truck. I would buy another one. I use mine for work and it has held up beautifully. Not very comfortable for long trips.

thought I'd never buy another Ford
By reidster on 06/12/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

After bad experiences with Aerostar, Ranger and Taurus I vowed never to buy another Ford. F-150 Heritage 4.6L is the best truck/vehicle I've owned. Looked at new versions and Tundra, but like the size and looks of 97-2004 F-150s. Tight turning and great ride/handling. More front room than Tundra. Thought 4.6L was too small when test drove new F-150s but works well in Heritage. Hope I can haul small toy hauler with 3:31 rear end. Mileage better than my 3.0L Ranger.

Average Truck
By JF-MO on 03/21/06 03:14 AM (PST)

Replaced 1995 Dodge Ram 4X4 with this truck. I have to admit that I wish I would have paid a little more attention to the competition (especially Toyota and Dodge). However, this truck was priced so much better than the competition, so it was a no-brainer. For what is expected, the truck performs fine. The interior panels are starting to rattle at 18,000 miles. This is aggravating since I have never taken the truck off-road! I have to say that the ride is exceptional compared to my old Dodge. All in all, this is a good truck for moderate hauling, getting through snow, etc. Average truck - I got what I paid for.

owner
By Linda Hancock on 03/10/06 09:01 AM (PST)

The interior of this vehicle is done nicely and all comforts are provided for, i.e. heated seats, moon roof, cd, etc. One design flaw I do not like is having to turn OFF the overdrive instead of turning it ON. By this method, you drive a lot for awhile around town before you remember you should have turned it off. Also, the gauges on the dash are somewhat hard to view while driving, especially the dark panel during the day - doesn't show up but most new cars are like this. Other than those, I'm am very happy.

My Ford
By jerry on 09/01/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

I was delighted to have purchased a new F150. Shortly after that things started to happen. The computer went, as did the gas consumption. The battery was replaced after a couple tows. side panels between the doors came unglued, handling was boaty.The A/C was unacceptable; wouldn't cool the cab on hot days. I was disappointed with the power when pulling a trailer with the trailer loaded. Overall I had the truck back to the dealership 9 times within 12 months, for some major complaints. The dealership was very responsive, but the problems were not theirs. I have been a 150 fan for many years, not any more.