2005 Ford Escape 2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - It is fun to drive

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

HEV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

It is fun to drive it!
By L.Castillo on

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For starters it's the first time I don't see the car I am driving all over! It's unique since I got a rare exterior color one. Unlike Priuses that are all over it seems. But in what matters, it is still an SUV. I fit inside and I am a big guy, and uphill, it does NOT cower. True, one has to learn how to drive all over again, not be heavy on the gas or the brakes. There is assistance there that was not available before. What I cannot understand is why Ford is not gearing that Kansas plant to produce more of these babies. Until Toyota brings out the Highlander (overpriced if you ask me) they had the market for themselves! I love it, period! p.s. I have THE red one.

Favorite Features

The looks. It looks sharp!

Suggested Improvements

Like all Fords, the interior detailing could be improved. The screen on the satellite navigation always gets the comment: "why that small?" although I say it is fine. As usual the INTELLIGENCE behind the navigation is, well, artificial. If you know the best way; follow your brain.