2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
The Perfect Small SUV
By Ron Rickard on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Escape delivers Style, Comfort & Performance comparable to SUV's made by BMW & Mercedes for about half the price of those high end models. It's the biggest bang for the $$$ in it's class. Three of my customers that rode in my Escape this past year were very impressed with it and asked my oppinion of the vehicle. All three of them were so impressed that they bought one and all 3 are very happy with their Escapes.

escape xlt
By ontario on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very nice suv very roomy inside nice interier very comfortable seats very good milege for the type of vehicle from far away it looks bigger then it is its pretty close to a explorer but not as wide good power no hesitation at all sometimes i wonder if it is to much engine for this suv comes with almost all the bells and whistles.

great suv
By jade2323 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just lover my new suv especially after having a isuzu rodeo. There is no comparison. My insurance went down also because of the safety rating!

Finall bought
By FuzzyNSSA on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After renting a couple Escapes on trips, I was totally hooked. The other consideration was a Jeep Liberty, but the Escape gets a LOT better gas mileage and has several features that I prefer.

Great vehicle so far
By G Adam on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So Far my escape has been great except for a power steering hose clamp that leaked in the extreme cold. It gets 22mpg in the city so far with only a couple of hundread kilometers on it.

I love it
By apple annie on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the 2003 for several months, both on the road and in town. I love the way it handles and it is great for shopping. My husband who did not want me to buy it, loves it and drives it all the time. It is great on the highway also, good mileage, comfortable and easy to handle.

Lemon
By hate/escape on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Escape almost 2 months ago. It has been in the shop 5 times! Almost a total of four weeks. The SUV won't start (3 times). They cannot figure out why. Mechanics even called Ford to find out if they new why (which they didn't). Service engine light came on to reveal emissions problems (twice). I am fed up with it.

THE SEATS ARE ROCK HARD
By TYLER JAMES on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

ITS NO THAT BAD

Love It!
By Fatal434 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although I just recently purchased my vehicle a few weeks ago. I am very, very, very pleased with it. I previously drove a 2000 Plymouth Breeze and the Escape gets the same amount of gas!!! The only thing that I miss from my old car is the fact that the doors automatically lock. Every other thing about this car I love. Don't think twice about purchasing one however do your best to try to negotiate on a final vehicle price.

Love Tweety
By liltx on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I do enjoy driving it. I travel alone a lot and works wonders for me.