2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Don't buy this car
By Teena on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape in the shop 6 times in the first two months that I've owned it! I've had problems with the starter on 3 occasions. The radio, after 6 service visits, loses channels. The service dept found the radio defective, the antennae defective and a loose wire in the starter. Fuel economy is horrible. Even with driving it conservatively, It only gets 15 mpg.

Excellant
By TBro on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love the way it handles, has great pickup for a 6 cyl. Nice ride!

My first Ford!
By DandyDon on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice riding SUV and very easy to drive. It has good pickup and I really like the backup sensing device. Gas economy is good and it holds four adults comfortably. I added a low profile antenna and brushed aluminum running boards.

New Escape
By RobNJ on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm new to the SUV market. I traded in a Ford Taurus which was loaded with options and a great car, but was looking for something different. I guess I have to get use to driving an SUV. The Escape handles well, but a little disappointed with some features and interior design.For instance, the shift on the column, havn't had one in years. It gets in the way since it sticks out so far and you can't see what gear your in when the wheel is turned.

By Amanda Hall on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Perfect size and handles like a sedan. Perfect for small family. Great accelleration and handling.

love it!!!
By dotd on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this vehicle is fun to drive. it has good pickup speed when accelerating onto a highway. i love the ease of entering and exiting this vehicle. it drives more like a pleasure car than a suv.

Not so bad
By SandiS9781 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was really surprised with the car- like handling.

Love It
By wagon747 on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I Love the Escape! It is perfect for my life (2 pre-teens) and It makes me feel young driving this sporty little vehicle :) It has GREAT get up and go! My 10 year old son says WOW! Mom this thing is HOT!

My favorite things
By sonismith on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It handles like a car, parks so easily (and we live in the city),it has great pickup on the open road and feels like a solid luxury vehicle. The back seats lay completely flat and I have the space and utility of a good truck. My daughter is a new driver and I believe this 2004 Escape is the safest SUV on the road today.

Nice Escape
By medicdi on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Escape is a simple SUV compared to the Explorer or the other larger SUV's. It has punch on excelleration and the ride of a mid- priced midsized sedan. The seats fall short behind the knee unlike the Explorer that offers comfort and support to all of the leg. Long trips are comfortable in the beginning but due to the lack of leg support a few hours of driving can be uncomfortable. The stereo system is stock, but is on the high end of Fords audio devices. It has a great sound and 6 disc changer. Climate controls are in a good location. All in all I would get the hybrid version when it comes out.