Used 2004 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

love this suv
By SGlover

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice car for my family and for me to drive to work. We've taken it four time to disneyland that's a 500 mile drive for us and it went great.

My kid loves that to back seat recline.

less road noise.

Great small suv
By fsscr

2004 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2004 Escape, Love it! Just the right size, great power and versatility. I would recommend it to everyone and have! Ford hit the bullseye!

The Most Fun and Reliable SUV Ever.
By Daniel Kantu

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The get up and go. Make sure you get the XLT V6 one.. this one can get you in trouble it hauls.... I love the 7 speaker sound system.. sounds better then any radio in my house.. I got the side airbags opt.. I think its a good choice esp down here in Fl there are insane drivers.. that put on makeup or read the news paper on I 95 or yelling at there kids to sit down...Also from day one. NOT ONE PROBLEM> gone wrong.. and i drive like hard with my cars.

Radio.. Safty Features... ABS and Side Airbags.

Fit and Finish some things look cheap.

MPG's
By doogster

2004 Ford Escape XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this truck for 6 days nows - I drove 339 miles on my 1st tank of gas and it was spread out evenly between hwy & cty miles. The reason I got the 5-speed manual 4cyl was for the "estimated" 28MPG. I can tell you I drive my vehicles very easy and I never "jack-rabbit" start. I ALWAYS get more then the estimated top end gas mileage but, this first tank of gas yielded me only 24.8 MPG. I was VERY UPSET! I hope that this is because the truck is new and will have to break in... but I can't imagine that is the case. Other than that. The truck rides nicely and with all the rebates I got out of there with a brand new truck for $15,300. Not too bad.

5-speed, 4 cyl

More options should be avail on this vehicle.... in order to get the 5-speed and 4 cyl I had to get the 15" wheels... 16" was not an option. CD/MP3, Center console & electronic mirror with compass and temp should be an option (it is on the Mazda version of this truck).

My new baby
By Heather MacDonald

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV vehicle and I have always had sports cars but this vehicle has been a great addition to my household. It is quick, handles well, is easy to drive and is extremely comfortable. I can fit an amazing amount of stuff and am glad I did not buy a larger SUV. I absolutely love it!

size handling quick pickup easy to see and park

I haven't found any issues except there are not many custom parts available.

• SUV