2010 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2010 Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sort Reviews by

So Far High Praise for 2010 Ford Edge
By lnnyri

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i traded my 08 Hyundai Elantra for the 06 Toyota Tacoma and then traded that for the 2010 Ford Edge SE. I have driven foreign cars all my life after experiencing bad fortunes with Dodge. I decided to go American this time around. I've always liked to look. The interior dash of the Hyundai is more modern. The seating comfort of the Edge is better. The Tacoma was outdated and too bouncy. The Edge drives surprisingly smooth. The Edge is roomy. I like the ActiveSync and dual climate control, big wheels, and leather seating. I am back on American, I hope it doesn't fail me or I am permanently back on Japanese

Favorite Features

big tires, ActiveSync, 3 plugin areas, nice looking vehicle, leather seats, V6, roomy, quiet ride. much better than the Tacoma. more muscle than the Hyundai. Hyundai has the edge with the more modern dash.

Suggested Improvements

need moonroof

Reporting a malfuncioning
By Ali

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ford Edge in may/10. on 10/06/2010 while my wife was driving the car noticed that the front wheel (driver side) was vibrating she slowed down to 35 MPH and pushed the brake pedal to stop the car but car vibrated more and moved to the left and hit into another car. I am wondering maybe there is a production problem.

Superior to my 07 Highlander
By B N

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 07 Toyota Highlander in May 2010. Just turned 6,000 mi. This EDGE has more power,excellent ride & much better on fuel(26 hwy/21 around town) and good looks. With all the rebates & dealing 23,200 before trade in. Glad to be back buying AMERICAN. Ford has a winner here.

Favorite Features

Performance & Fuel Economy

Suggested Improvements

Throw away the black door handles & window trim moldings. They should match the vehicle color

Great Edge
By Carylon

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I found this to be a Marvelous car I had a Kia Sportage and the switch was significant for comfort and reliability. The interior was a little disappointing when compared to other options ( Generic) but over all the Sync hands free is addicting Overall a GREAT BUY

Favorite Features

Sync Sirius Sat Interior size with leg room

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade Carpet and Change feel of Cheap plastic interior Overall looks good

Look hard at other models
By btait

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge doesn't do anything well. Looks - It tries to look like a Lexus RX but looks like one that ate donuts for a year. Interior - VERY poor use of space, dash is HUGE. Cargo - the sloped back kills any ability to carry anything of substance. The floor is made with a flimsy cardboard type material, so it flexes with any weight on it. It's tow capabilities are minimal, and the hitch sits entirely too low. Handling - tracks very poorly. It amazes me that this is what Ford came up with for the masses coming out of Explorers. Mileage is the same, it's overweight and sluggish.

Favorite Features

Thankfully, I don't own this thing and I get to give it back in two years.

Suggested Improvements

Put an exterior thermometer in every model, not just the ones with auto climate control.

Great Clunker Deal
By sdcjones

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car in the Cash for Clunker deal, and I'm glad that I did it. It drives great, has enough leg room for my growing children and is generally a nice car that I think I will drive for quite some time.

Favorite Features

MP3 connection and rear window wiper blade.

Suggested Improvements

None yet.

Good deal
By Oldfellow

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased with the clunker program. Good deal - outdoor total was less than $22k. Still in break-in, fuel economy is about 20mpg, not bad. Build quality is excellent so far, but the Hankook tires seem not in the top quality

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical break is kind of loose - you push to the bottom, the car still moves an inch, quite annoying

2010 Ford Edge, good deal
By Rechael

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a good deal for the 2010 Edge right now - $2500 rebate, government CARS program ($3500 or $4500), and the dealer is eager to sell (rebate of course). Ovreall drive is nice, strong powertrain with the 3.5L V6 and 6A transmission. Superb suspension, road noise is minimum. Power doors, windows, cruise control, airbags (front, side and safety canopy), 4- wheel disk ABS, stability and RSC are standard. Some wind noise, but it's a quite vehicle in general.

Favorite Features

Integrated blind spot mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Limited options from SE to SEL. I would like to add a reversing sensor, but it is not offered as a standalone option. Given the size of this vehicle, it's not a big deal, though.