2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
lost confidence
By STRONG33 on 05/28/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

All in all an ok van. seating is comfortable. STO N GO is nice. back seats slide up and back for more leg room.space utilization inside is good. very good in the snow! Wish the seats reclined further in back and psnger side. NOW the CONS 25,000 miles had to replace brakes and roters. dealership said consider myself luckey most go out at 12-17,000 mi on these new vans. you would think Dodge would come up with something to fix this problem! Back doors don't always want to close.Been to the dlrship 4-5 times and they still can't find anything wrong.wind noise on the highway seems to be getting louder. The dash rattles again dealership can't seem to find anything wrong. confidence in amer made??

great van so far
By proud van owner on 05/25/09 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Van so far other than the front brakes which i had to replace at 8000 miles.Poor quality. Thankfully it was covered under warranty in it's first year and dealer replaced it at no charge and they gave me another year coverage. Van has everything you need for the family at a great price. Too bad Honda and Toyota are not competitive enough for features and price. From experience in ownership,they are not reliable vehicles.

Poor Quality for Price
By jstout01 on 05/13/09 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Have had this vehicle for a little over a year and already replace front brakes and rotors. Appears to be chronic problem with this model. Have had trim on rear bumper replaced twice and still is not correct.Does not hold value -- has lost half its value in 1 year. Will not buy another Dodge product again

good van could be better
By hoss on 04/11/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy with this van since we purchased it. The ride is verry good but it does pull to the right ever so slightly and the brakes his when it is wet out. But the the gas mileage is pretty good 18/27 and the room is great. I have 4 kids 3,2, 1 and 2 weeks old and we are verry comfortable in this van. Stow and go is awsome and the power sliding door Windows are Nice. I do wish the acceleration was a bit more aggressive but it is adequate. Over all you get what you pay for. Not everyone will get a good vehicle, no auto maker is perfect. I chose a Dodge and got a good vehicle. So with so many of these vans on the road a few of them are bound to have problems. But most caravans don't.

Way Too Many Problems
By durk163 on 03/31/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a van that the owner's wife of the dealership drove with aprox 6,000 miles on it. It has been in the shop for replacement sensor for the door, AC would shut off so they replaced internal thermostat, sensor that would tell us outside temp was replaced, front passenger seat belt unreliable and arm rest fell off and was replaced, 2 tires replaced and the icing on the cake we needed to replace the brakes at 22,000 miles.I was told by the dealer that they have been replacing alot of the breaks on this car. What really is disgusting is that they want you to pay to replace the crappy brakes that they put in. I am sorry to say that I will be buying my first foreign made car in the fall.

Ghost Van
By Bobbiem23 on 03/24/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had nothing but problems. First, I had the radio replaced and now I am experiencing ghost like things you would find on TV. First the heat would just go off on its own, then the DVD player stopped working and said region not set (whatever that means) and now I just got home and on my way home in the dark, my headlights went completely out. This was very scary because I know it cannot be the battery cause it was only the headlights that went out. I am really fed up with this company. I could have been in a serious accident due to this failure. I am now afraid to drive the van with my kids in it. I bought it a year ago brand new, so why all this fuss?

Too many problems
By dodr33 on 03/11/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We liked this van alot to start but after the many problems we have had I think we should have held off. sliding doors kept re-opening on thier own- scraping in sliding door windows- remote key fob had to be replaced/reprogrammed- rubber body stips on roof falling off- 3 trips to dealer to fix trans leak- AC broken, defective high pressure line- radio would not upload music, had to be replaced- brakes squeeling at 12000 miles- tire pressure monitoring warnings on cold mornings- traction control warnings on cold mornings- difficult to operate radio/dvd system

Really good early impression
By Dave Gower on 03/01/09 06:05 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My first Dodge van was a 1884 model, and this is my 4th since then. Although I've like all my vans, this one is head and shoulders above the others. The build quality is good, but even more the ride and handling is far superior. I guess this is the Mercedes influence on the design. The seating position and comfort are excellent. A power seat helps here. The controls fall readily to hand, are very intuitive, and have a quality feel. Outward vision at first seemed blocked by thick pillars but I find I got used to that quickly and am not bothered now. I find that parking is far easier than with my old vans. The square corners may help here but the steering seems more precise as well.

Very disappointed
By Ted on 02/27/09 05:54 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of problems with this Van right out of the gate. We were having transmission problems that none of the dealerships believed were real. Until about 300 miles before the warranty was up. Then they had to replace the gears in the transmission and a bunch of other stuff. Then little problems. The grab handle on the passenger side became loose, the map lights stopped working, the driver door speakers are blown. This is the second and last Dodge / Chrysler product I will ever buy. I don't care how cheap they sell them for. I guess you get what you pay for.

Great so far!
By chris on 02/21/09 21:55 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Traded my 02 in on this van, its a base model. The 3.3 is great, as long as you dont push it all the time. Great mileage. Tires are terribly cheap and almost worn out already. Great in the snow. Too much white inside for sure. This is a basic cheap people mover. The wind noise is bad at times, and does pull to the right. I adjusted my tires to correct this. Lock beep is bad for late night returns home. Love the drive visability. Overall good a very good van. Not the best, but the price says it is

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.