Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Bad!
By Phil

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Fleet car with about 43,000 miles now. Very scary brakes, a lot of vibrations. No power. Fuel economy fair. This is my first and last Dodge, next time a Ford or Chevy, a Japanese if available for fleet.

Favorite Features

Roomy

Suggested Improvements

Brakes. Brakes. Brakes.

Dodge the Dodge
By Tom

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been nothing but problems from day 1. Starting with Entertainment system as we drove off the lot. Then the brakes after 5,000 miles and 8,000; 12,000; 17,000 and so on plus a shimmy and squeak from the front rotors. DVD got stuck in the play and took a week to have removed and repaired with kids upset. Last straw security issues and now it won't start and waiting to hear what they are going to do about that.

Favorite Features

The room is nice but all the other problem just ruin the rest of the van to me.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes brakes rotors and computers that don't fry when you look at them. there are more computers in cars today then went to the moon and yet i would feel safer in a lunar lander. AT this point Dodge take Lee's advice and get out of the way!

D-O-G D-E Not Dodge
By Corvettekev

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The good - the vehicle swallows miles and payload extremely well. It's roomy & comfy. a lot of mags write that the interior is "cheap" and uncomfortable- I have to differ. Driving the van holds its own and I found it to be a lot more nimble than the Ford. Quality is the issue. The van eats brakes! We replaced rotors and pads at 17k - my Ford got 50k mile on the brakes. I drive an old Alfa Romeo - this Dodge has electrical gremlins. Bad coil packs, ignition issues, door issues etc. Burned 2.5 qts oil in 3500 miles and I'm told thats normal! Worst part - the service department is useless! Every issue req multiple trips until the prob left you stranded. The van was traded in 15 months in.

Favorite Features

Size, ride, look, USA!

Suggested Improvements

Quality issues must be fixed along w/the brake issue.

Buy A Honda, Buy a Toyota
By CorvetteKev

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned Ford & Mazda vans and switched to Dodge when these were unavailable. Electrical problems plague this car (WORSE THAN MY OLD ALFA ROMEO)! Brake failure at 16k, 2 bad ignitions, a bad ignition pack, bad rear shocks, bad front sway bar, NOW I'm burning 2.5 qts of oil in 3k miles - Dealer says this is normal. Don't believe me, I have the invoices! Buy a Honda! I have 32k on the van - not good

Favorite Features

Getting home!

Suggested Improvements

The factory level really needs to fix these things. Dealer level needs to appreciate 450 a month is not chump change for a bad car or any car.

Disappointed - Poor Quality - Avoid
By Family of 5

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Second minivan for us after transmission went out on the Windstar. First problem was the automatic doors popping back open - then the brakes and new rotors at 36,000 - next the AC went out - poor gas mileage - built cheap - uncomfortable seating. Only good thing was the space and stow and go. This family of 3 kids went back to a Nissan Pathfinder. After 3 Jeeps that were lemons and now this - will never buy Dodge or Chrysler again. Buyer beware - you get what you pay for!

Favorite Features

stow and go

Suggested Improvements

Improvements? Overall quality and reliability!