2012 SXT plus wSSG
By raceurx on
2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my new Chally a few months ago and loved it! About 2 weeks into ownership I was rear ended.. the active head restriants worked as well as the emergency systems. The doors unlocked, the car shut off and the interior lights came on. I was hit pretty hard between 40 - 45mph and the interior was perfect, the car crumpled as it should and the hit was deflected from the interior. I pursauded the insurance company not to fix it even though it only had 10k worth of damage they totalled it and settled on a payout. I immediately went back and purchased the same car - I have kids and was very impressed with the way it handled a hit.
Favorite Features
saftey feature such as brake dry when raining the calipers close slightly to dry off rotors as well as brake ready when in case an quick throttle off situation the brakes get ready for a quick stop by boosting the lines. This is stuff found on BMW's - this means Chrysler is getting serious about safety. Great looks- from the moment I purchased it I see folks looking at it and walking up to it when parked, it is Black with the 20 inch chrome wheels...Nice! I got a great deal on it- this car is a bargain compared to mustang and camaro-- plus the kids fit in the back.. can't with the other 2:)
Suggested Improvements
I would ask for the manual 6 speed and the auto 8 speed trans. Although I get 27 on hwy now with the auto 5 speed I know the 8 speed would get that over 30 mpg as proven on the 300 with the v6. Convertable would be a nice option as well.