Used 2012 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Challenger

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

2012 SRT...Going great through 25K
By orbwins

2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Moved from 4 cyl honda accord to SRT Classic, Automatic, fully loaded. I drive highway, I'm getting about 20 miles to the gallon, again 1 year 25K miles into ownership.

Favorite Features

Fast. Faster than old Honda Accord. Very comfortable on the highway for long drives (~200 mile trips).

Suggested Improvements

Only changes I'd make, not sure about the window opening when you open the door. Chicago..parked outside...winter...bad idea. Learned lesson. Also, windows go down automatically but not up? Blinds spots, but not as bad as a Camaro.

2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic - Best yet!
By hometheaterguy

2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

To date, I have owned twelve vehicles. My first, a 1964 Mercury Comet to my current 2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic. The worst car I have owned is a 2009 Mazda 5 Wagon. The 2012 Dodge Challenger is by far the best vehicle we have ever purchased. This vehicle has the Super Trak Pack, 6-speed, sunroof, amazing leather and a rocking sound system that can play movies, blu tooth audio and read music from a thumb drive. Modifications made thus far; Magnaflow X pipe, Pettys Garage Strut tower brace, LMI cold air intake and skip shift eliminator. Do want a car that handles corners with ease, has amazing acceleration and looks great? If so, this is the car for you. We love it!

Favorite Features

Super Trak Pack, 5.7 Hemi, Tremec 6 speed transmission, color, handling, acceleration, style, leather seats, 403N audio system. Everything is amazing on this car!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Challenger SRT8 392, 6 MT, Yellowjacket Edition
By genlove1

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

05/12/13: Traded a 2012 Hyundai Gen Coupe, which definitely was not my cup of tea, for this. In comparison, the Challenger is a huge car, but pleasantly so. Needless, to say, the 392 is a torque monster, which puts a constant smile on my face, and the Yellowjacket paint is a real head turner. Gonna flush and fill all the lubes with Amsoil synthetics this week at about 300 miles or so to protect the investment. I'll review reliability at the end of summer. In the meantime, gonna have one fun summer getting to know this BEAST of a car.

Favorite Features

392 Hemi and 6 spd Manual Trans. Torque, torque, torque(!) and AWESOME exhaust note! Seats are firm and supportive, and Harmon Kardon stereo is as big as the motor. THIS is the car that every red-blooded American boy wanted back in the day. Interior, in general, is executed well and the instrument cluster is BY FAR the best of all the American retro muscle cars. Tires and wheels also stand out in a crowd.

Suggested Improvements

None yet. I suppose the Challenger could stand to lose some weight/size, but I'm not so sure that wouldn't detract from the whole experience. Personally, I like it just fine the way it is and so does everyone I know who's ridden in it.

Best car ever owned
By timofmichigan

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 1973 Challenger at 19 yrs old, it was my favorite for many reasons. But after owning the 2012 SXT Plus for nearly 2 years - its now my all time favorite. Like the original, its coke bottle shape is timeless. Add today's quality standards, reliability, comfort, driving characteristics, and modern features like NAV, handsfree phone, heated seats, etc. - its awesome. This Challenger is trouble free, quiet, and smooth despite our sometimes rough midwestern roads.

Favorite Features

The touchscreen entertainment system is so much more than a "radio". Over a hundred channels plus built in hardrive allows one to download CD collections from a PC thumbdrive in minutes. Acceleration is seemingly endless due to the engine's variable valve timing and over 300 horsepower. Four wheel independent suspension, huge disk brakes, and 20-inch tires keep this big boy in complete and effortless control. Thanks to this Dodge, airport TSAs & packed flights are history.

Suggested Improvements

Optional factory perforated heated and cooled white leather seats with a bit more leg support. Optional woodgrain interior accents.

Smokin' HOT
By challengerlady

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE my 2012 Rallye Redline. She's a show stopper and a pleasure to drive. Since I cruise in her and will take her cross country, it was important to me when selecting a sports car to find one that looked fabulous, drove well, and didn't rattle my teeth out with every single bump in the road. Comfort is a key component of my Challenger, along with the strong look of a muscle car (no mistaking what a Challenger is), and muscle car action. I drove a Mustang and a Camaro before choosing the Challenger. Okay, the Challenger is not as fast, but how could it be with it's size and weight? However, it sure the heck rides and looks a LOT better!!!

Favorite Features

The looks of this car are unbeatable to me. Love the mean classic muscle car look. I did add a mopar cold air intake that increased her torque and rumble which I like a lot. The black and red interior is great. . .and it's comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm. The only improvement I can think of will occur in two years when I get a HEMI!!!