Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Overall quallity
By Chad

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, and very reliable and works well for day to day activities, and excellent for taking out in the wilderness and using it

Favorite Features

Electronic 4WD with Auto 4WD. Great RPM Usage at 4000 to 5000 giving it a lot more power

Suggested Improvements

Better windsheild whipers

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

Favorite Features

The comfortable seats and the great power of the engine. Also, the mileage has been a great surprise. Looks aggressive coming at you, and I like that.

Suggested Improvements

Time for an interior update to keep up with Ford and Nissan. I am sure the upcoming '07 change will address that. Also, get rid of the vinyl rear seats. Put leather seating surfaces back there too!

My deam truck
By Jason Manus

This is the sixth Z71 I have owned since I was 16 years old, and there is no doubt that it is the best as far as quality and features goes. I have always been a part of the Chevy family and I love my truck. It has a 4.10 rear end that has allowed me to pull trailers in excess of 10,000 #s with regularity ( although the tow rating is 9200#s). I spend all day in my truck, as it is my office. And even though I drive it real hard and torture it, it keeps on ticking.

Favorite Features

Tow capacity, 4x4, Radio controls on steering wheel, engine power.

Suggested Improvements

Only problem I have experienced is with the 4x4 system, when a switch had to be changed. I wish the truck had a higher approach angle and ride height. Not because it actually has caused problems, but because I want it to look as mean as the Dodges and Fords on the road next to me. Lift kit!!

Smooth, strong and efficient
By floridamadman

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 litre runs with anything on the highway, and on open road have gotten 20 mpg I'm not a tire smoker, but at 35mph...hang on! There is no other p/u that cruises as effortlessly or efficiently at highway speeds as this with the 3.42 gears.

Favorite Features

Power, leg & headroom. Loading height for heavy items is real good. Headlights are the best on any p/u. They light up highway reflectors miles away. Minimal idiot bells and chimes.

Suggested Improvements

In seat storage, 5- speed auto for MAJOR mpg, map lights placed where the dome light is so you can read at night and not create a shadow on your map, power rear sliding window. Tougher paint.

Chevy rules
By Lou

Absolutely 100% pleased with this purchase. The luxury side is great and the truck side is awesome! Mileage is not great, but who cares... I did not buy a Z71 crew cab for the gas economy... :-)

Favorite Features

Bose, 6CD changer, DVD is awesome for the kids, dual zone a/c, and my 5 yr old loves the heated seats when it gets below 50 here in FL...

Suggested Improvements

None... It rules!