2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

LS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (29 reviews )
Great Value!
By John Hendrickson on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck I bought was really a compromise between my wife and I, she wanted an SUV - I wanted a pickup bed. Adding a shell gave us both what we wanted. We have a larger cargo area than most SUVs, the short rear doors open wide, which makes it nice when putting a baby in a carseat with a car parked next to you. It came standard with items like a bedliner, mats, CD & cass radio and even luxury items like remote entry and foglights. The compass/temp. is handy also, and the 4x4 is awesome. The design of the truck is clean, the layout is thought out and the initial quality has been supurb! We needed more room for the carseat - we've gotten that and more!

Won't buy another
By Gordie on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I liked the truck when I first got it, but have had nothing but problems. Moldings, window and door seals had to be replaced. Security system wouldn't let truck start, loose control arm bolts, now I'm having problem with noisy rear shocks and clunking transmission. I am also having problems with the 2wd/4wd electronic shifting. It is shifting on it's own and having electronic problems.

Great Trucks
By LK on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very Handy Truck, Holds a lot more than it looks like, easy to get around, fun to drive, sporty looking, good milage, no problems with it, all options nessasary are standard,

My Red Tonka Toy
By 2002chevycrew on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This size and style of a truck fits my life style and kids. No its not the roomiest but its a compact truck not full size..

Having second thoughts
By luckydog1 on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Truck has MANY fit a finish problems. Seals and moldings around doors and windows are crooked, or have chunks missing. I'm having a MAJOR problem right now with the Passkey security system. After a month of running fine, the security system keeps shutting off the gas to the engine and sometimes it takes me over an hour to get the truck to start. I just took it in last night for the dealers 2nd chance on taking care of that problem. I think that they will have it awhile, but they provided me with a nice loaner car. Up until the starting problem, I really LOVED the Truck. Now I'm having second thoughts about buying it..

So far, So good...
By CDSweet on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the Crew Cab S-10 for almost 2 months now and so far it has been a real value/dollar spent. After all the incentives it was the best deal on the market for a truck that can seat a family of four and ft in my garage. The only things I didn't like about the truck I fixed shortly after buying it. The OEM 15" alloy wheels that Chevrolet puts on all their 4x4 S- Series trucks are looking a little dated. The window tint should include all windows and not just the back ones. And last, and the most annoying to me is the Air Bag shutoff switch? Why on Earth would they remove this option from just this model? Shocked me a little.. Dean

My New S-10 Crew Cab
By TSimpson on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This S-10 has been very reliable, good handling capabilities, great "go anywhere" capability, suspension is very good for its class, very good fuel economy (23-27hwy & 17-19city), plenty of power for its class. Cons on this vehicle are: cheap finishes...trim, paint, and fitting of interior parts. Vehicle has very poor turning radius.

new truck
By momof3 on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I drove Dodge Dakota, Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma crew cabs. Chevy had more ammenities standard, and I got a better appointed truck for less price. The back seat comfort in all the trucks I drove was limited, but adequate. I got 19.6 mpg on my 2nd tank of gas (mixed city & hwy driving)

Useful Good Value for $
By Jedmunds on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Crew cab while only for people in a pinch is a sound trade off for bed length. Its dry warm place for the dog or what you want to carry and in some cases it is import and becquse it is secure. The bed extender helps hauling capacity but you are doing a little extra tie down on plywood sheets and lumber. The truck rides well and the power plant while it would be great with a tech update that produces more power and better fuel economy moves the truck into traffic. All the accesories are a real value as this vehicle has some heavy discounts making a real value.