So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout on
2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen, but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)
Favorite Features
It still has its new car smell! I like having buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio or cruise control or what not, it makes for safer driving. I enjoy that the seat moves vertically (I'm not a very tall person). Many people say they get bad mileage at 20 mpg or so, but I get 27, and am surprised and pleased by it all the time.
Suggested Improvements
The Anti-Lock brakes go on with the tiniest trace of snow, which I know isn't necessarily bad, but it scares the crap out of me when I can't brake properly in seemingly fine weather conditions. Also, the front speakers seem to switch from left to right randomly, can be quite the scare to have music playing louder than it was a moment ago. The headlights flicker incessantly, but dealership mechanics don't believe me since they're not driving the car around at night.