Invisible, no fuss, unbelievable
By Dan on
2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
It was time to replace the minivan (family truckster) this year and I wanted to improve on my fuel economy, so I went shopping for a car. Of course I researched right here on Edmunds and narrowed the focus to two cars, the Chevy Impala and the Buick Lucerne. The Lucerne is nice, but the Impala was nice too and an awsome value. This car is like the person that shows up in kakies and a polo shirt to the party and offers to help imediately! Nobody notices this person but they are indispencable. So it is quiet, moves out well with the 3.9L (I used to have a Mustang GT; this car is quick!), handles well, and I am averaging 24 MPG in city driving! An all around best buy in my opinion.
Favorite Features
All the goodies, leather heated seats, sunroof, fog lights, dual exhaust, lane change signals, big trunk, fold flat rear seat, performance, visibility, ease of parking, quiet, remote start (which works from my office window...how cool for this winter), unbelievable fuel economy, and the price tag!
Suggested Improvements
This is difficult because whatever goes here will upset the balance between price and economy. The only thing that I can definitely point out are the small outside rearview mirrors. At first they struck me as too small and I have gotten used to them, but...they should be a little bigger.