Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

3 Yrs Old & Broke Down Again...
By Chris

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Impala was purchased new, with extended warranty. In 2009, the heat and blower went completely out on me. I had to take it to the dealer several times to get it fixed right. Now, I am battling a check engine light and "reduced engine power" as the car tells you, making the max speed 25 mph. After two full days of servicing at the dealer, it experienced the same issue again just 3 days later. I have been without transportation for 12 days & counting..... Just not the kind of reliability I would expect for a 3 yr old car with only 55,000 miles!! Service repairs typically require a 3 day lead-time to schedule in my experience...major inconvenience! Hard time getting service rental too!

Steering wheel radio controls and dual zone temperature controls.

Build a better quality car that isn't breaking down within first 1-3 years of purchasing new!! All maintanence is done to keep car in best shape possible and this is still happening!!

My favorite car we've ever owned!
By dr86

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our vehicle about a year old. We were very excited after a very awful ford focus problem. We were told it was our dealers sons car. It was luxury and fast sporty kind of car all in one. Best of all we have 3 small children and it fit all the car seats in the back seat! We loved the way it drove. Very smooth ride reminds us of a buick bonneville. Very peppy and seems as fast as our '04 Mustang GT but its not. Over all we enjoyed this car and never would have gotten rid of it until we found out the dealer lied and underneath the vehicle in the crumple spots had been crumpled. It had basically been in a wreck and totaled. However, it still ran great with these issues.

Heated Leather Seats, 6 Disc CD Changer, Pep, Steering, great in snow! hugs curves, huge trunk, can fit up to 3 car seats in the back seats, air bag off option in front seat, comfy seats, most fun to drive.

Gas mileage with the SS definitely isn't as good as the LS LT or LTZ (bigger engine)

problems
By davegrnd

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 66500 miles on this vehicle, and I have had some problems. The first was that the wipers quit working, which they found was due to a blown fuse, and they don't know why. The second problem was defective coolant crossover gaskets,both of these were covered by the warranty. My latest incident was last week when I stopped at my local insurance agent's office,and when I came out, I could NOT shift my vehicle out of park, I had to have it towed to the dealership to have it repaired( broken wire in counsel). The repair was over $200.00, and not covered by the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. The vehicle also has had dash rattles since I purchased it.

I like the size of the car, and the way it feels when driving.

Dash rattles, too small outside mirrors. The exterior is dated, and needs a complete makeover.

many,many problems
By bill norton

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Couldn't put gas in tank. Rear defogger quit. Remote start quit working, dealer says $800 or more to fix because check engine light is out. Had to replace front and rear pads and rotors at 40,300 miles. Just replaced muffler at 53,000 miles. Had clonk noise in steering and rear end fixed. With Windows down they rattle when you shut the door. I called gm on the remote start problem and this lady was very short and said gm could not help with any problems! Why would I buy another gm product if I'm going to have these kind of problems and no help from gm!

happy with ride and performance

need to be caring about the cars they build!

Wipers
By NJ Driver

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle now has 42,000 miles and having problems with the wipers turning off. Car can be completely off, locked and the wipers keep going. Checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Stereo

Quality - while improved, I am overall disappointed.