Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Better than the Impala SS
By D.R.

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had purchased on 06 Impala SS. What a dud, handled poorly, terrible torque steer. Got rid of it and bought 07 Impala 3.5 FFV which handled much better than the SS! Very functional, geographically challenged wife loves turn by turn navigation and XM radio. Gets good mileage and is well equiped for safety. Glad I got the FFV which is about 4 mpg less than regular but at over a buck difference it is worth it.

Favorite Features

Functional, comfortable, open moon roof very quite, OnStar adds peace of mind when my wife is out and about.

Still ove this car!
By Still love this car!

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have just shy of 64,000 miles on my company car. What's not to like? Gas mileage is unbelievable in such a large car, easy 30+ on the highway! Decent looks, comfortable, and safe. Huge trunk, lots of room. Water pump had to be replaced at 60,000 miles, which was odd, but other than that, no problems. Will order a new one at 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Remote start! Great in hot Louisiana weather.

Suggested Improvements

None since it is a company car.

My Impala LTZ
By T.Scott

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my LTZ in March of 2007. I love almost everything about it, the only problems that I have is a persistent knocking sound in the rear of the car, and the suspension is a tad soft for my driving habits (which was fixed for the 2008MY with the FE3 suspension). Comfortable cruiser on the highway, which is important for me given my commute. Great car overall; I get a lot of positive comments from random people about how nice it looks.

Favorite Features

Big, torquey motor; smooth highway ride; interior room

Suggested Improvements

Offer a Nav screen, better fuel economy for the 3.9L OHV V6, or offer the 3.6L DOHC V6 for the LTZ trim.

Nice car with lots of "extras" but ...
By juzt-me

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2007 has lost of neat extras and they are mostly driver enhancements such as direction, mpg avg, mpg instant, temp outside, etc. I will be honest and say that I like the interior lay-out of my old 2003 Impala much better and this car seems smaller inside. But, I do like the steering wheel in the 2007 over the 2003 model, more comfy on the hands. The trunk is definitely smaller and does not have the back seat pull downs that allow access to the trunk or longer storage for those items that just don't quite fit in the trunk. The exterior of the 2007 is more sleek and sporty but I really like the look of my old 2003 better. The car is still amazing on mileage as I generally avg 30+ mpg.

Favorite Features

Firmer driver's seat. comfrotable sterring wheel. mpg avg LED. mpg instant LED. Outside temp gage.

Suggested Improvements

Put the back seat pull downs back in. Add better seat adjustments to passenger seat. Add the strap for grabbing to close the trunk back in. Add a small pull out tray/compartment for loose change, etc to the console... the ash tray used to serve that purpose.

Worst car I ever Owned
By Ron

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Electronic nightmare started with tire monitor system and went downhill from there. Dealers don't know how to fix. Replaced multiple transmissions. Had to sell after 18 months. Spent more time in the shop than on the road. A little more cash will buy a reliable BMW. Don't waste time on the SS.

Favorite Features

Great power, fun to drive when it ran.

Suggested Improvements

Complete electronic redesign