Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

1001.1
By dwilcox

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i wrote a reveiw back in 2010,the car had 93,000 miles, it now has 194,000 miles,still runs good,uses a little oil,have'nt changed the brakes or the spark plugs yet. did have to replace the passenger side wheel bearing hub assy. and the water pump and the tie rod ends . i did all of this myself. i need the driver door window regulator replaced.once i awhile the low oil pressure light comes on at start up,i just shut off the motor and re-start and it does'nt come back on. the a/c vent door clicks too but goes away.otherwise it runs good and i average 25 miles to the gallon. and i own it now . feels good.

i like remote start, becuase it cools or heats the interior depending on the weather, i'm in the desert ,the a/c works good.

06 Chevy Impala LTZ Rocks
By philz94tt

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This Impala LTZ is a very solid vehicle with only a couple issues. It will need a water pump and thermostat at about 8 years into service. There was also a recall on the power steering hose that was handled very well by the local dealer in the 2011 to 2012 time frame, 3.9 liter with 240 HP is responsive. The gas mileage is very good, ride comfort is great, no noises in my vehicle, interior is good for top of the line, the top of dash does seem a bit cheap and needs a good amount of detailing to look good, the sun will hammer that spot and the leather seat areas close to the windows need to be treated with leather conditioner. Bose sound system is very good.

3.9 Liter V6 is good power option. Bose sound system

Could be better but age has something to do with that.
By markb873

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2006 Impala in December of 2012 at 67,000 miles. Pulled the service history from Chevy and found no major issues in the vehicle's past. Someone ripped the connector off the rear window defrost so that needed to be re-attached. This Impala had the factory fluid in the transmission causing the delayed shift issue common to these. Managed to eliminate that with a few transmission flushes, additives, and filter changes. Had to replace the lower intake gaskets as the engine was leaking coolant internally. Somebody tried to fix that with a few bottles of stop leak so the coolant looked like mud. Head gaskets have some external oil leaks but I haven't replaced them yet.

Remote Start. Oil Life monitor. Compass.

Holy Gaskets.....GM needs to improve gaskets. Transmission improvements need to be made as well. They destroy the fluid and turn it to sludge. Similar Toyota transmissions seem to get double the life from the fluid.

Never again
By emm4

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I made the biggest mistake ever in buying this car. I bought it from someone I didn't know well. He told me it might need brakes. Ok I accept that. I take the car to a delership. It neeed rotars, a tirod end and a new battery. But supposedly nothing serious. I get those issues fixed. I went on vacation with my family a couple hours away from home. Fine all the way up there and during my trip. On my way home. Right before we hit the E-way it starts acting funny. Then it died. I had it towed to a dealership. Turns out it has motor problems like it needs a new engine!!! Because of a crack or something deep inside the motor. I had to have it towed home. 180 miles!!!

It was a comfortable car.

My suggestion is have your motor checked inside and out before buying this new or used.

Don/t buy it.
By ellenmd

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago and I have had to replace the power steering pump twice. Now my transmission is going because it makes a noise and it jerks when I change it from reverse to drive. It is not worth the time, money, or effort. The next vehicle I get I will buy a foreign one. Because for some reason we Americans can't build a good dependable car that is affordable. It is all junk. I had an 01 Mitzsubishi Montero Sport for 4 years and never had problems out of it. the only reason I got rid of it was because it was costing me in gas. I wished I would have just paid for the gas.

Make it more dependable and don't make it like a hot wheels car.