2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
My Dream Car
By M. Biagini on 04/17/09 23:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got this as a Christmas gift Dec. 07. We are a Corvette family, with my mom owning a 82' and also a 2005. After driving both of those I was ecstatic to get in my 08 for the first drive. This thing handles like nobody's business, so smooth and responsive. I love all the little gadget-y stuff (like the OnStar, GPS, heated seats are fab. in the cold NY winters). The push button start took some getting used to, I prefer to turn a key myself. Also, getting in and out was a comedy of errors until I figured out how it's supposed to be done. My only real complaint was an extremely squeaky roof. Every time I hit a bump, squeak, squeak. Dealer fixed it no problem. This car is amazingly sharp!

08 Coupe
By Pleased on 04/05/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased new in March of 09. 0% financing and steep discount was enough to convince. The car looks fantastic in Velocity Yellow. Turns heads around town. Averaging over 21+ MPG.

08 Vette Coupe
By 08 Z-51 Coupe on 02/23/09 20:51 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

AI bought an 08 with 5000 miles on it. It has Z-51, dual mode and 6 speed manual. Performance is outstanding, dual mode is fun. Z-51 suspension is on the stiff side. It is OK in states with smooth roads, but would be bothersome in northern climates with cracked pavement. Overall a well built car so far.

Worth the wait!
By Bluuurr on 01/13/09 13:59 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had never owned a Corvette before purchasing a new 2008 crystal red metalic coupe. I thought that I could not afford one yet, and then the Chevrolete employee pricing was offered. I had planned to wait another 5 years before taking the plung, but the price was right sooner. I had never even been in a Vette or even test driven a Vette until my purchase. I just knew I wanted one! I couldn't be any more pleased with color, speed and acceleration, interior. I love everything about this car. Everyone else loves it too. To all you who have put off purchasing the new C6 Corvette...go do it, you'll not regret it.

$50k piece of junk
By Dissapointed on 12/30/08 09:08 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Considering all the good reviews I must have gotten the car built on a Friday before a holiday. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Worst paint job I have ever seen. Silver body doesnÂ’t match the gray front. Visible drips in the paint. Car was purchased new but I took it to a body shop to see if it was ever hit and repainted. Seams don't line up, door doesn't close flush. Worst stereo I have ever heard. Cheap interior. Center console was put on incorrectly. Window indexing mechanism was defective. Brakes continued to squeak even after service addressed issue. Loud and embarrassing buzzing/humming sound coming from the dash when car goes over 70mph. Too many other problems to list.

No car better!
By Conrad on 12/29/08 20:58 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm a mechanical engineer and I love this car, my first Corvette! Acceleration, fuel economy, fun to drive. It's much more than I thought a Corvette could be. The engineers who worked on this car should be very proud. I test drove what I thought was my dream car, a BMW Z coupe, M series (my daily driver is a 5 series) and it did not compare. Only two options; Z51 and dual mode exhaust. I removed the fuse from the exhaust so it's open all the time. At 58 years old, this car makes me feel the same way I did when I was 23. I drive it on day long trips through the Ozark mountains, simply wonderful. A pure expression of freedom and individuality. It's magic!

Best money ever spent
By George Ware on 12/24/08 19:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 1984 and a 1986 Z51 C4. I liked the C5 but didn't have the money. When I picked up my black on black 3LT C6 the smile stuck to my face. and now I have high blood pressure when ever you push the start button 8^). I love this car... and after a year & 8k miles it keeps getting better!

American Muscle
By Tony Fiorello on 12/19/08 10:30 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 11th Corvette since I was 18. I have had a pretty wide spread of years and this 2008 steals the show! Very docile in traffic but packs a heck of a punch when desired. I had a fast 1972 LT1 car that this one would probably beat, and be more comfortable doing it. The electronic suspension control really steps up to the plate when needed. Thanks Chevy, you're number 1 in my book!

What a beast!
By Cokernut on 12/01/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I finally pulled the trigger when Chevy had the employee pricing. I couldn't be happier with the car. The acceleration is breathtaking. The lines of the car are sharp and a real eye catcher. My only complaint on this beast is the stereo sound system. For $70K put a good sound system in. I purchased the atomic orange Z06 and it accelerates like an atomic bomb and the roar of the exhaust is better than the stereo anyways. I have owned a 1990 Vette and the technology now is just unbelievable especially the Z06. Am I happy with the car, heck yes.

It's all about the performance
By mp on 11/21/08 18:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car strictly for the performance. It is not a daily driver for me. This is my first Vette. I test drove TT,335I, IS350, G35. The power of this car with NPP,Z51 and 6 speed manual is a rush. Nothing compares in this price range. I do think the seats could be more comfortable and I will replace the run flats with Pilot Sports when worn out. The targa top "pops" over large bumps. I've been told that is a common issue but easy to fix. When driving aggressively I sometimes have troulbe finding 3rd gear. Bought the Mild to Wild dual mode exhaust controller and run it open all the time. The sound is awesome. Overall very happy with it and can't wait to get back in it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.