Comfort and Joy
By RHart on
2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)
The Corvette design team has outdone themselves again! This machine is a technological marvel and work of art. Sitting inside my C6 Z51 6-Spd beast makes me feel like a king. This is my second 'vette, the first was a 2000 C5 Z51 6-Spd. The power is considerably stronger, partly due to the lower bottom gears for off-the-line torque. I find I need to re-learn accelerator control to keep the wheels from breaking free in both 1st and 2nd. The engine remains quiet until pouring on the power and then exhibits a more refined growl than the C5. The car is much quieter, they solved the window wind noise problem at highway speeds. Ran out of words so suffice it to say: Corvette Rules!
Favorite Features
1. Power 2. Beauty (exterior design) 3. Comfort (seats, quiet) 4. Solid as a rock 5. No Keys Needed, just FOB in your pocket (takes time to get used to, real neat) 6. XM Radio and Serious Bose Sound System. 7. Did I say POWER?
Suggested Improvements
Could use better engine growl, more sports car resonance, may have to go for aftermarket exhaust system. For off-the-line acceleration, has the power but needs more weight on rear wheels.