2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: A lemon

2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

A lemon
By Molly on

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car used with 25K miles. I drove it 200 miles on the hwy and could only get my gas mileage average up to 24mpg. Disappointing. I could not get it to accelerate enough to merge with traffic. Other motorists would honk and flash their lights because the vehicle would slow down traffic. After 10 days of owning it, the check engine light came on during a snow blizzard in Minnesota and the vehicle decelerated to 5 miles per hour nearly causing a traffic accident. This all happened without warning. All of a sudden it seemed as though I was riding in a rocket ship. The engine began to die as I turned the heat on and a cracking sound was heard from the motor. I got rid of it.

Very attractive dash. Nice stereo. Overall, attractive interior and exterior. Very cute in appearance.

Very limited storage space. No space for feet in the rear. No trunk space. No center compartment. No cup holders. No power and poor acceleration. Does not deliver the promised gas mileage.