Used 2009 Chevrolet Aveo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Not too bad for the price
By misslil

2009 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in 2009 and have put mostly highway miles on it - up to 93,300 now. Get about 33 mpg. Did really great the first 4 years except for having alignment problems. Finally got that worked out. Had problems with AC last summer..fans not blowing much air out of vents. Had to have the rear O2 sensor replaced last month and then the air intake hose this month. Biggest problem is the parts had to come from the dealer and they are outrageously expensive! Approx. $240 for each part. Just read review on another website that the air intake hose was made in 2 parts, but you must buy the whole assembly. Not cool GM. My next car probably won't be a Chevy.

Favorite Features

Good mpg. My car has good acceleration for a small car (have read other reviews where that's a problem).

Suggested Improvements

Seats are not that comfortable. Dealers charge too much for parts!

new us cars what can they do!
By jens arendttorp

2009 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

29.8 mpg is all I can squeeze out of it; even with a lucas additive in the fuel; a good driving car; as good as a Toyota Prius maybe even better, but poor fuel economy compared to my old Toyota Tercel wagon with on-demand 4 wheel drive, which is handy during winter months

Favorite Features

I don't know that there is anything favorite about any of these new cars; they are all steril in in appearance and functionality. The hip sway in the back deters from rear view visibility!

Suggested Improvements

make a 4x4 on demand station wagon version

Love my 2009 Chevy Aveo LS 4 door 1.6 L
By Missouri Man

2009 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Get 33 mpg plus in city traffic and 40-46 mpg plus driving highway in Missouri Ozark Mountains on interstate or two lane or city traffic. Great deal for the price on a subcompact of $10,600 brand new 2009. Excellent view out all directions of window, great comfort and leg/head room. Quiet, no road noise or engine noise. Easy to steer and operate, handles well, rides smooth, lots of trunk space, good stereo with plug in for Ipod or MP3 player, Onstar features! I cannot say enough good about this car, for the price and after shopping for over a year driving and looking at all over subcompacts, this is the best deal going by far! Love driving it, AC works wonderful, and can haul 4 people!

Favorite Features

Everything, the body, the looks, the handling, the interior, the whole car is ideal for a small car. So much better than the subcompacts I have driven over past 20 years off and on, it is amazing how nice this small car is for the price I paid.

Suggested Improvements

Actually none, fix noise along outside mirrors or windshield at high speeds going over 80 mph on interstate, but that is mostly due to cross winds on windy day, otherwise never a noise ever. Improve gas mileage, although it is very good now, more features on interior, engine pep, stay competitive!

Hoping for the Best
By $4,300 for 2009 Aveo

2009 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as part of the Cash for Clunkers program after all rebates my price $4,300. Did not need car as had purchased 2008 Civic Hybrid prior year. I have enjoyed the car and believe it is good for my teenagers to experience the manual door locks and manual windows. It has a comfortable riding position and I like the interior. I recently changed my oil and was surprised with canister oil filter and torx socket for drain plug.

Favorite Features

Interior design and color. Ride height. Simplicity under the hood. Price. Number of airbags. Ease of changing engine oil.

Suggested Improvements

A sixth gear for highway travel. Trade the sunglass holder for an arm rest for the passenger seat.