Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Exceptional bang for the buck
By Ray

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been everything I could have expected and more. It's getting around 30 mpg and the car is actually fast with the manny tranny. 5th gear is tall and the engine speed is comfortable at 80+mph It handles well despite small tires. With the rear seats down, the cargo area is surprisingly big. Only design issue would be that the rear seats are very close to the back of the car and I think in a rear-end accident rear passengers might be mush. Maybe. I drive the car pretty hard and it still gets 30mpg. The stick on the manual is pretty rubbery, not solid feeling. Don't buy a Civic. I paid less than 9k for my SVM model and had enough left over for 2000 gallons of gas-60k miles!

Gas mileage, cargo capacity, perfromance, uses regular unleaded

Make the headlight/parking light one unit. The separated units now look cheap and 80's-ish. Also, move the trunk area back a few inches. It would add cargo space and increase the appearance of rear safety without sacrificing mileage.

Great little car
By dieselpower

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm now rapidly approaching 20k miles. My Aveo continues to run with clockwork reliability. Fuel economy has ranged from a low of 32, to as high as 43 mpg. I'm 6'2" tall, and have no problem finding enough room to stretch out in this car, even on long highway trips. I also love the European urban runabout styling. I have the 5 speed manual in mine, and find the power to be plenty adequate. My only issue has been the tires, which seem to have trouble maintaining balance. Plans are to swap 'em out in the near future. Overall, I would highly recommend buying one. My neighbor was impressed enough to buy one for himself two days after I bought mine. His has also been flawless.

Upright seating position, hatchback, can still fit four adults in a pint sized car.

Get rid of these junky tires. Also, cruise control needs to be made standard. The program is already present in the car's ECM, and adding the simple switch would not be an expensive addition to the car's build costs.

Family sedan at econobox price
By John Waltz

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of internal space, very comfortable driving. Drives well with automatic and 2 adults + 3 kids + a lot of camping gear.

Roomy

Trailer hitch

I Love My Aveo
By Bruce

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 14,000 miles on my vehicle and I love it. The passenger compartment is roomy and extremely comfortable.All features and additions all have worked perfectly from day one. The heater and airconditioning are more than adequet. The car rides and handles well along with the suprising sound deadening insulation. You can actually hear your radio at high speeds. The mileage I've gotten was also impressive, 28mpg cobination (city & highway), 33mpg highway (thats at 70mph to 75mph). Went on a trip within three days of purchase and found the trunk is more than large enough for its size. I'm totally pleased with my Aveo.

Power windows, power moon roof, fog lights, spoiler, gas and trunk releases, auto transmission, cruise control, and finally the power door locks along with the child proof locks, security, and airbag system. For a small vehicle, I am impressed. You get a lot for the low price, even with options.

The only thing I'd like to see is another way to place the horn in the middle of the steering wheel. I know that's where the airbag is, but human nature is to hit the middle of the wheel.

Be aware!
By enigmaz

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for my wife over a year ago. Took it on a 1200 mile trip and was great! Gave us good mpg, comfortable, no problem. But now after a year found out that the headlights are going dimmer, fuel economy is terrible (lost about 7 mpg), nasty belt noise and the brakes do not respond as good (almost crashed twice). Also, the resale value is very bad. I guess its like a brand new broom. Works fine just the first couple of times.

Sound system