2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Awesome for $7800!!
By sharkbite on 02/23/06 14:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well for $7800 brand new you just can't bet this ride! I averaged around 34mpg on the first tank!! Great room inside with a big car feel. Remember folks this is an economy car. Lifetime oil changes and free 24 hour roadside help makes this a no brainer!!

"How Can We Fool 'em Today" vol. 2006
By JustPassinThru on 02/15/06 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a typical GM answer to foreign brands' supremacy in the small car market. Nifty styling and a touted warranty, tied to zero attention to detail; engineering done on the cheap. The 5-spd is stone-slow away from lights; the primative fuel injection system makes it lurch when the clutch is let in and leaves the engine revving when the throttle is released to change gears. Result is a lurching-jerking driving experience, and double-clutching is impossible. A pain to drive. And the gearbox is vague and hard to engage. And the "warning" light for the passenger's airbag when the seat is empty is annoying; I finally covered it with tape. And the car was delivered with bent wheels.

Give it up for low-cost dependability!
By Jenna Horiuchi on 02/14/06 23:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo for almost 3 months and am glad I purchased it. It offers a good amount of space, interesting set up of the clock, compact design for cupholders, and the cool ticket holder slot. The fuel economy does vary with how you drive it. It does very well on the highway. The ride is smooth, relatively quiet, and zippy. It really flies off the line if you give it enough fuel! It is not luxury, but you are not paying luxury bucks. For the reliability, comfort, quirkiness and design that I was looking for, the Aveo really delivers. It makes me smile every time I walk outside to drive somewhere.

'06 Chevy Aveo LS 5 Door...a must buy!
By Soul2Move on 01/25/06 03:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for an econo car that would be priced right and perform like a champ I must confess I found it in my '06 Aveo LS...5sp man w/ 5doors..very roomy...very nice and quiet ride @75mph :) A lot better than the 93 Swift and 95 Honda Civic EX 2Door. I got it 1/22 and so far been shocked at what value this ride has been...in 5 years I hope to tell you more...but so far....a top notch car at a top notch price....I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget or anyone looking for a point A to point B w/o the stress of a Geo or a Suzuki on the freeway!!

Excellent
By Robert Brennan on 01/14/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Aveo for a month. Very roomy inside for driver and passenger. Good pickup. Great fuel economy. Responsive handling. Fun to drive. Very pleased so far with the car.

Awful gas mileage
By gangrel101 on 01/14/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had just bought my Aveo broke it in and took it to Chicago, While on the highway my mileage averaged 25, this is going at a constant speed. Now that I am back home I filled up last night and I am getting 22 miles per gallon. This car does not get anywhere close to the mileage they say and I took it in and they claimed nothing is wrong with it. So don't buy this car for the mileage!

Disappointing MPG
By Pat B on 01/07/06 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased '06 Aveo mid October '05 with main objective "minimizing fuel cost" What a disappointment, I am only getting an average 19-20 MPG which is 6 miles less per gallon than my Grand Prix. Overpaid for this car $13,000+ which is my fault, but I know I could have done better.

Love this car!
By hayhay on 01/06/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive. It doesn't feel like you are even moving and suddenly you are cruising along at 85mph. I definitely recommend taking it for a test drive.

Little burst of sunshine!!!
By Aileen on 11/19/05 12:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my Aveo this past thursday and I am in LOVE!!! I got a manual LT fully loaded in Summer Yellow my payments are great and I couldn't enjoy driving more! This is the best car I have owned second only to my 1991 Volvo Bertone. It zips through traffic with no hesitation at all. It's easy to get in and out of because the seats are nice and high. I had searched for months on the internet looking for a new car that would suit my needs, I travel alot, am a student and don't have alot of money-for those reasons and more the AVEO is perfect. Also the dealership was knowledgeble and friendly, not pushy. I recommend this car to everyone-its the NEW BEETLE!!!!

Getting to know it still....
By Curt on 11/13/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm + 6' and fit comfortable in the front. It reminded me of a diesel Fiat I'de driven in Italy. Main purchase purpose is a commuter car. Seating provides good visability for everyone inside. So far it's a fun nimble, very easily parkable little car. It has the Europeon reverse shift pattern.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.