Used 2004 Cadillac SRX V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

it wil just no go
By jimm222

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was doing my wife a favor, she drove 3 different Ford Explorer Sports for about 12 years. I told her I wanted to get her a different car and showed her a 2004 SRX. Well it was love at first sight, nice car all loaded up, we bought it. Well it does not, always, like to start when it is warm. She has been stranded several times and needed rescued. When it does this it will not turn over, will not shut down the electrical system and holds on to the key. I took it to my brother, a service director at Mercedes, and he sent me to a GM guy. The GM guy worried about it for several days and found some advice on the internet, he removed the 7.5amp fuse for the security system.

Favorite Features

The car them worked perfectly for several month. Then it happened again at a time when we needed to depend on this car. My GM guy suggested I have it towed to Cadillac. They had it several days and replaced the ECM module for $967.00 plus the tow. We picked it up on a Monday and Tuesday it would not start. It turned out the dealer needed to program my key, also. So I guess I should be happy but I am pretty disappointed, I have always driven GM's several of them over 200,000 miles and I expected more from a Cadillac. I think after we use this car for a while, if it continues to work, I am going to have to buy her another Explorer.

Suggested Improvements

Through out this ordeal I have talked with the dealer many times and also Cadillac. From the dealer I got a bill fro $967.02 and from Cadillac I got a case number. I have stapled them together just so I will not forget how happy I am with Cadillac.

More Than a AWD Station Wagon
By guy41

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2004 SRX to replace a Buick Riviera and a Chevrolet AWD Astro van. It was difficult finding a vehicle with the sporty ride and handling of the Buick that could also perform some of the daily tasks of the Astro. Suprisingly the SRX does it all with style and grace. I like this model more than the new ones for its sporty station wagon style. Even after 102k miles it makes me smile when I'm behind the wheel and I would buy another.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating: Fits like a glove with more than enough adjustments for most drivers. Good mileage: 20-22mpg in mixed driving. Ride/Handling: Firm/Sporty. Feels more like a car than an SUV. Quiet Ride: 102k miles and still no rattles or squeaks. Drivetrain: Smooth, Quiet and Powerful. The V6 has plenty of power for passing and requires little throttle for expressway on ramps. The transmission seems perfectly matched to this vehicle. Insurance Rates: Inexpensive. Rated significantly lower than average. :)

Adjustable pedals
By candace3

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car, it's perfect for my needs. I have had some issues with the wheel pulling to the left, which i asume is the alignment or suspension also at 64,000 and i had to have an engine sensor replaced. Which I have heard to be common with this model. I think the sensor has something to do with the Pedal placement. I was using the pedals extended a bit, because i'm on the short side. I was having some delay with the gas pedal. very strange. It was fine when i put the pedal's back to the farthest position. but that is a feature that I do not get to use now. Over all I have not had too many issues. Purchased about a month ago so if anything comes up I will change my review.

Favorite Features

by far the fact that i can lay down the third row! I have the capability of a flat bed for loading things. Makes this car so conveient form me.

Suggested Improvements

I would say electical. I do not like the fact that i have to unlock the car three times to open the back gate. And it would be nice if when I turned the car off all the doors would unlock automaticlly.

Luxurious & Reliable, worth every penny!
By bobscadisrx04

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would enjoy a crossover vehicle as much as the Cadillac Srx! The performance is amazing, I always tell people it's like driving a luxury tank around. Very safe and handles like a dream. Not crazy about the gas mileage, but that's my only complaint. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the features are impressive. I don't have the sunrooof, but almost every other feature, and it's been a great car for me. I owned an Audi before, and will never go back. Cadillac is the way to go!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, AWD, Heated seats, comfortable interior

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas Mileage

Would buy another
By thuff

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 in 2005 and it went in the shop a few times for this or that but was always taken care of. always given a Cadillac replacement vehicle but my only complaint are that the turn light go out a lot because they are running lights also. I love my car my wife has a convertible mustang and we always take my car because of comfort it rides like a dream the a/c is so good it will make you cold on a day of temps over 100 degrees. Id buy another in a minute!

Favorite Features

the a/c and heated seats

Suggested Improvements

the running light should be the turn signals and, if they are, make the bulb easy to change. which it is not!