2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Review: Finally, an American Sports Se

2013 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Review

Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Finally, an American Sports Sedan!
By jg0712 on

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only had my ATS for a week but I can already record some observations. This car probably possesses the best driving dynamics in a sports sedan in it's class. Tighter suspension and lateral balance than current 3 series. Not as smooth as Infiniti G but outshines these cars in more categories than not. My first American car since my first car ever back in 1984 and I feel it was worth the wait. Not perfect, but a true drivers car that doesn't compromise on handling, performance and style.

Build quality, interior and exterior styling, that fact that it came with a six speed manual transmission, instrumentation cluster and driver information display. Steering, handling, torque. Not a feature of the car but the dealership experience was the best I've had, ever. Did the deal over the internet and email, even credit app. Price quoted and monthly payment was what I got and no one tried to up sell me the worthless add on's. Simple, smooth, no BS.

Manual gearbos a little too notchy and shifts throws a little long, but not a deal breaker. Engine is loud which isn't a turn off but it sounds very labored especially under 3,000 rpms. Cue is pretty good but a little sluggish, not bad for first gen. Also, not a big deal but with all Cue can do, you can't control climate control with voice command system. A bit of an oversight since I had cars 10 years ago that could do this.