Flat out best value in this segment
By tomfoolery2 on
2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I was hesitant to check out the American manufacturers and disappointed in Lincoln for sure (Chrystler doesn't even compete here). However, this car stood out as a giant slayer. I did exhaustive research and the ATS gives much more value per dollar than anything else out there. The equivalent German or Japanese cars cost significantly more. We're talking 20-30% more! At first I wanted to use my new gem sparingly but the more I drive it the more I find myself making excuses to go for a spin. Don't buy this car without the full CUE. Pony up and you won't regret it. Don't believe anyone who says CUE is unusable. I have had zero trouble.
Favorite Features
- CUE is a masterpiece, there are even three customizable LCD view panels within your gauges. - Comfortable seats. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs and I fit - Seat memory - Responsive turbo (no lag if you ask me) - Superb cornering and control - Quiet cabin - Hands-free phone calls are very clear, even to the party on the other end - OnStar app is awesome. I can communicate with my car from anywhere to lock, unlock, start, check vitals, etc. - No problem identifying thousands of songs on a USB flash drive. You music must be indexed properly though. - Voice controls are great. No training to do, it detects names in your phonebook automagically. - Proximity remote for entry and locking doors
Suggested Improvements
- Climate controls work but have some unintuitive lag. Certainly usable though. - Back seat leg room is tight. - City gas mileage is very bad on 2.0T AWD model. Might as well have gotten the V6. - Proximity/parking sensors are overly sensitive when car is very dirty (my fault I suppose). - Would be nice to have more wheel options. - 1-step behind Germans on gas mileage due to lack of 8-speed trans. - When you get on the accelerator, cabin temperature control goes out the window and you get blasted with hot air. Not a big deal, just a nag.