Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

largest disappointment of my life
By John V Brown

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

we purchased our 2010 new. HUD, NAV, AWD, this was the nicest car in town. look, I am not going to explain all the problems, from mechanical, electrical, brakes. We recently traded it. This car gave me an ulcer. I have over 20 thousand dollars worth of paperwork to prove repairs. Not to mention the car was turning into a rust pile. Do yourself a favor, if you have one, or are thinking of purchasing one, it is not worth it, not even if it has been given to you.

Favorite Features

this car was the most beautiful, comfortable, powerful piece of junk I have ever owned

Suggested Improvements

not worth mentioning

Unresolved Noise on Startup
By lph6402

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a new, fully loaded 2010 AWD in June, 2011. It always gets 'compliments' on the exterior styling. Unfortunately, I have an unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. The annoyance has been diagnosed from the beginning and the symptoms at startup last for 30~75 seconds. It's loud, embarrasing and some type of manufacuring or assembly non-conformance. The local dealer has tried a few things with guidance from Buick service and engineers. Going on 9~10 months and Buick Customer Service basically told me to quick calling because they are not going to fix the non-conformance.

Favorite Features

Easy to use Navigation system & back-up camera work great. Great Harmon speaker sound system. Comfortable and Quiet ride on the open road.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Provide a solution to the unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. (2) Work on improved gas mileage. (3) Provide Customer Service that resolves known issues.

Never thought I would Drive a Buick
By JTKC

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased a Carbon Black with Tan perforated leather interior--I love the look. The car has sufficient pickup, though no sports car, it is perfect for my use driving significant highway miles. I have read some do not like some ergonomic aspects, however I have found the car to be very intuitive to use all functions from the cruise, menus, climate control, bluetooth--all very easy to use. I did upgrade to the perforated leather that is heated and cooled--GREAT feature. I also have the back window shade, again a great feature during these warm summer days. interior room for passengers is exceptional as there is ample legroom front and back with ease of entry and exit.

Favorite Features

OnStar Turn by Turn is just as good as an after market GPS, seats are very supportive and comfortable, quality of materials--they match well and are the best I have seen from GM-even Cadillac. Push button start with fob is flawless along with remote start. Mirror Blind spot indicators are useful.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is too small, strangely configured that limits use and limited opening on trunk lid. Interior cubby space is very limited for a car this size and when there is a space it is too small.

3 Month Owner
By DC3KEN

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In California and have had the CXL w/AWD for 3 months. What a good looking, comfortable car. Purchased with all the bells and whistles. Bought this over the Lexus because it was $15,000 less, but just as stylish and luxurious. Everyone who sees it thinks its hot and are impressed that GM is finally doing something right! I really enjoy driving it. It has enough muscle with the 3.0 (but not tons). Trunk space isn't overly large and I can't get more than 2 suitcases in there. The gas mileage is terrible, but friends with comparable Infinity and Lexus models say they get about the same. The colors are also bad, boring and limited. They need to get a better color palette!

Favorite Features

The overall styling and sexy looks is probably the best thing. This car really gets me compliments!! I also like all the features like the Nav System and XM radio (keeping this after the free tests) The "blue light" is really cool and novel and the bluetooth is also very good.

Suggested Improvements

The visibility is extremely poor in this car. You can't see the front hood at all while driving and the back is equally awkward (I use the rear camera lots). Poor gas mileage is my other complaint. In city, I can get as low as 14 MPG!! However, highway can be as high as 30. Combo = 16 to 22.

Mixed bag but looks great
By lacrosse owner

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Back to US cars after issue with Toyota. Shopped around, this was a great value for features. Replaces Avalon. Visibility rear and side view is poor, which almost makes me wish I hadn't purchased car. It does have a little kick when it shifts automatic, but nothing horrible. Beautiful finishes and details. Middle Console not large and not user friendly. Too short, and if you extend, you can't use both cup holders. It's like no one at GM test drove for conveniences. Reliability to be determined. Only 2000 miles. Gas use (mostly city and heavy highway only 19.9 mpg). It's a very comfortable car, including large rear seat. You need rear park assist or camera for sure. GM almost has it right!