2010 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Unresolved Noise on Startup
By lph6402 on 05/06/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a new, fully loaded 2010 AWD in June, 2011. It always gets 'compliments' on the exterior styling. Unfortunately, I have an unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. The annoyance has been diagnosed from the beginning and the symptoms at startup last for 30~75 seconds. It's loud, embarrasing and some type of manufacuring or assembly non-conformance. The local dealer has tried a few things with guidance from Buick service and engineers. Going on 9~10 months and Buick Customer Service basically told me to quick calling because they are not going to fix the non-conformance.

Never thought I would Drive a Buick
By JTKC on 07/31/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased a Carbon Black with Tan perforated leather interior--I love the look. The car has sufficient pickup, though no sports car, it is perfect for my use driving significant highway miles. I have read some do not like some ergonomic aspects, however I have found the car to be very intuitive to use all functions from the cruise, menus, climate control, bluetooth--all very easy to use. I did upgrade to the perforated leather that is heated and cooled--GREAT feature. I also have the back window shade, again a great feature during these warm summer days. interior room for passengers is exceptional as there is ample legroom front and back with ease of entry and exit.

3 Month Owner
By DC3KEN on 07/29/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In California and have had the CXL w/AWD for 3 months. What a good looking, comfortable car. Purchased with all the bells and whistles. Bought this over the Lexus because it was $15,000 less, but just as stylish and luxurious. Everyone who sees it thinks its hot and are impressed that GM is finally doing something right! I really enjoy driving it. It has enough muscle with the 3.0 (but not tons). Trunk space isn't overly large and I can't get more than 2 suitcases in there. The gas mileage is terrible, but friends with comparable Infinity and Lexus models say they get about the same. The colors are also bad, boring and limited. They need to get a better color palette!

Mixed bag but looks great
By lacrosse owner on 07/23/10 12:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Back to US cars after issue with Toyota. Shopped around, this was a great value for features. Replaces Avalon. Visibility rear and side view is poor, which almost makes me wish I hadn't purchased car. It does have a little kick when it shifts automatic, but nothing horrible. Beautiful finishes and details. Middle Console not large and not user friendly. Too short, and if you extend, you can't use both cup holders. It's like no one at GM test drove for conveniences. Reliability to be determined. Only 2000 miles. Gas use (mostly city and heavy highway only 19.9 mpg). It's a very comfortable car, including large rear seat. You need rear park assist or camera for sure. GM almost has it right!

As Advertised and More!
By Ron on 06/07/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car met and exceeded my expectations! There were features that I didn't expect (tilt mirrors, press to open trunk, full folding rear seat back, auto heat/cool seats w/remote start, etc.). This car has more bells and whistles that any other car around! Not only that, it is a VERY comfortable and quiet car. My wife loves how the seats wrap around more than on her Mercedes. First time with OnStar and very impressed! I'm OK with the fuel cap on the right side! Ambient lighting really looks great at night. Everyone comments on it. Voice activation for nav system could be a little more intuitive! Sometimes need to try 3 or 4 times to get the right phrase. Most issues are minor, love the car!

BuickIsBack!
By Mike on 04/18/10 12:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Went to our local Lexus dealer to look at the new models and left unimpressed. Way overpriced and nothing really that special - the interior in the ES looked worse than a Camry's. We thought we'd take a look at this new Buick given all the recent hype and we were just floored. The interior makes you feel pampered and the exterior beautiful. Best of all it is priced just right. Coming from someone who has driven nothing but imports and saying this beats a Lexus is a huge testament to how quickly American cars are improving.

Awesome
By MR BUICK on 03/13/10 06:11 AM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven a lot of nice vehicles in my life, but the LaCrosse outshines them all. I have been stopped many times asking if this was a Buick. Great in bad weather (did wonderful in the snow) and comfort to spare. How quiet it is will blow you away. Do yourself a favor and get one.

Love it so far
By mario on 02/02/10 19:30 PM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had the car for a few days, but so far it is everything I had hoped. It is a great driver experience - the cabin/dash is well laid out and very comfortable. Ride is smooth and quite. Engine has the kick I need. It is a softer ride (but not as soft as the riding-on-a-cloud buicks of past), which may not be for some. The mileage isn't great so far (low 20's after a highway trip), but what I expected. Overall though, I am very happy with it.

Not a bad start
By George Orw on 12/14/09 16:50 PM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got this car a few weeks ago. I am impressed by the design. A major step for quite a while for GM. Kudos to the Chinese team for improving the mold and making this Buick futuristic. As for the rest of the car, Handling is a big stiff and a big slow ended. THe car does not move with the thrust the way the car looks. The transmission is pretty smooth but seems to get laggy between shifts.

A work of art
By Lacrosse AWD on 11/17/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a work of art. I truly mean that. Example: I don't know if this was the plan but it seems the Buick waterfall theme (Grill) is carried over to the center stack. The buttons under the Nav are curved and the center stack flows gently down the center console. You can almost picture running water. I have never seen such attention to detail. And the fit and finish is awe inspiring. As I researched the car I noted my Lacrosse AWD was made by the same company that makes the million dollar Bugatti Veyron's AWD. The exact same one as in the Saab turbo. Fully loaded at 38,000 I feel like I truly got my moneys worth. How many people can say that?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$123 per month*