2004 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
The X5 - well worht the money
By CAHMER on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X5 is a great SAV. It is fun to drive and handles great. The road is no longer a challange due to my bad back. The lumbar support option is well worth the money. Forget all the other SUVs! This is the ultimate!

Great Car!
By srobey on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is an awesome car to drive. It really moves when you need it to, and also when you just "want" it to. I love the way it handles with the sport package. I love the way it looks. My car is never going off road. It is a fun car!

OH YEAH
By suvlover on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 8th SUV and this is by far the best of them all!! I have owned some premium brands and domestic, and I have finally found the perfect combination of style,luxury,reliability, and flat out fun driving experience. Drive the rest and then go drive the best!!

more fun than I expected
By Bimmerman on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had the pleasure of driving my X5 in Germany for six months before coming back to the U.S. The X5 handles like a dream especially at high speeds. Even if the rear storage space is a little tight, it has come in handy on numerous occasions. The X5 is reliable and the performance is great.

Upgraded from 4.4i to 4.8is
By Tampa Rob on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I did a diplomatic purchase on this vehicle through Joern Esser at Passport BMW in Maryland Heights, MD. Reeves BMW in Tampa delivered the vehicle and did an awesome job getting the truck ready for me. All in all an outstanding ride with the performance to match and looks that are exceptional. I highly recommend this BMW to anyone in this market and especially so if you can qualify for a diplomatic sale - the savings are substanial.

splendid
By Daytom on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best ride I have ever had.Good off road hunting,snow skiing,have pulled a number of vehicles out of snowbanks.I have neveer had to chain up even if reuirements were up.Great in moutains.Have driven at 110 MPH for 5 hr and was comfotable.Of course ther was no traffic and could see at least 2mi. ahead.Hae used to tow utility traler was not aware of a difference.

First BMW
By lexie on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW is an X5. I like the SUV, not crazy about the dealership. They switched the rims on the vehicle after I purchased it. It was a demo. They denied it, but my sales person even said they did. Drives like a sedan. Looked better with other rims. Great Sienna red color. Only one in town. Have had it 4 months and haven't had any problems. Cup holders are inconvenient. Difficult to remove and replace rear cargo flap. Can't get the garage door openers to work.

New BMW Zoom Zoom (X-5)
By cottontzu on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The light reading "Check Engine Soon" will NOT go off. The dealership SAYS I didn't put the gas cap on correctly. Nope! I've tried dozens of times. It is going to the shop soon. Once the A/C just stopped for few minutes. What was that?

X5
By wayne 1 on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Vehicle drives nice, holds the road well, stiff ride, nice interior. Poor electronics, radio / sound sys is so so, electronics are hard to use and program, had to have the dealer come out to program the door garage door operner, he had to call a factory number to get it programmed. backup mirror quit working last week, phone not what promiced (blue tooth comming) don't believe anything about BMW electronics, asume a F150 has better electronics. On Star system diden't work today when my wife needed it. Dealership charged me $50 to program the door keys, to auto set seats and open windows, they still don't work.

DID NOT HOLD UP IN THE MOUNTAINS
By ED LOCASCIO on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

LOOKS GOOD BUT ALOT OF ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS