2002 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Delighted so far
By blkbutterfly on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, this is a fine vehicle. We are very pleased with it so far. If I stay longer I am looking at purchasing the restyled unit when BMW does it. Everywhere I've been It's a head turner. That's saying something for a vehicle that is from this country (I know it was built in the states). Still has a smooth ride with the 19in wheels.

Power to spare
By RWC on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very enjoyable to drive. Owned for a little over 2 weeks. Very responsive, and effortless climbs uphill.

All hail the King
By Yiiiiiiiiiiiio on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The BMW X5 is probably the most sportiest SUV on the planet. This Suv is beaming with power and excitement. When I ride this car I feel like I'm young again.

Get more than you pay for!
By kds84 on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

There is nothing else like it. The X5 is a wonderful do everything big sports car.

BMW review
By Greg2kbug on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

My BMw has given me excellent performance on the road, as well comfort and luxury. Driving it makes me feel like i'm driving on air; it's so easy to manipulate and it drives smoothly and has alot of power that makes it a feasible option for me to drive. for once I can enjoy driving. I'm more than satisfied with its overall design and it gives the optimal performnce i require.

What an amazing car!!
By Touchdown on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Seriously looked at the M320 before a friend recommended that I check out the X5. Never really noticed it before and that's because so few of them are on the road. Started researching and went to the dealership to check it out. It's was love at first sight. Had to have this car. After the longest two months, drove it the first day nonstop for 6 hours straight! Unbelievable! Looks and finish are like no other on the road with the exception of the new 7 series. Handling and safety features are also like no other. In addition, it's an attention getting for sure (even from M drivers!) and truly a blast to drive which is surprising with a car this size and weight!

Nice Ride
By AXEL on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my X5 for 4 months now and have put 9000 miles on it. I have had no mechanical problems and have been impressed with how nice it is to drive in town and on the highway. I have a couple of little glitches, bad wiper blade on rear wiper and a piece of the ceiling liner not tucked perfectly into the overhead console. I think that BMW has a tendency to overdesign its cars but this doesn't necessarily result in the best reliability. If you want the least amount of trouble generally a Japanese vehicle is the best choice. If you want safety, solidity, and by far the best driving experience buy BMW. That's what the X5 is about.

The Best of the Best SUV
By Tuan on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Safety! You feel very relax, it give you a sense of the surrounding, and it performance and handling informs you the vehile every move. Tested several SUVs including Mercedes ML, nothing come close to the X5! Highly recommended...

3.0 X5
By bechic on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing handling and a joy to drive. Drives like a car and hugs the road. Have driven Japanese and American models and this car by far is the best. A bit pricey but worth every penny (for now) until the competition makes a SUV that looks and handles like this X5. Occasional electrical gremlin will show up but so far nothing I can duplicate to get fixed.

2002 BMW X5 4.6si
By alik61 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I ever driven.