2002 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
This is a SUV
By Ha Ha Ha on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After a year of casual driving, this 3.0i still performs like new. You can see and feel the craftsmanship from in and out. The Neon lights are nice, the bold rear mirrors, and of course, it's BMW name (not someone said: Big Mouthed Woman). After a year of 7,000 miles endend driving, there has no problem yet. The set-up of on-board computer seems to be more than sophisticated than you want, but, live a real life then.

2001 BMW X5
By Paul McCartney on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Ultimate Driving Machine!

Best Driving SUV on Road
By Pleased as Pie! on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've read through some of the reviews and am very surprised to hear about numerous electrical glitches. I've owned my 3.0 since 7/02 and have put about 11k miles so far. I have not had ONE electrical (or other)problem with the car. Even though the Xs are built in America, it is by no means an American SUV. It is still German driving, through and through. There is no American SUV that can come close to the absolute driving pleasure this car brings. Even with the AWD, the car is deceptively quicker than you think. Have driven other SUVs and this is completely solid at any driving speed. I feel safe and in control in this car. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

NoneBetter
By djph on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I cannot imagine driving a better SUV. Aside from the 16mpg I average, the vehicle has no downside. During my first year of ownership the X5 was not a common sight on the street and I had dozens of people ask me about it. Now they have become very common and I can understand why. Mine is powerful, extremely comfortable and incredibly fun to drive. It's also given me a terrific sense of confidence, driving through the snow that was dumpen on the east cost this past weekend.

BMW X5 is a lemon
By hatedx5 on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Goes back to dealer monthly for electrical problems

X5-Love Hate Relationship
By stanmb on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have 2001 x5 3.0. This car while a fine performer has had electrical problems from day one. Found my windows open over 15 times. Car still takes twice to start. Remote only worked when it wanted to until recent trip to dealership when they spent 1 week to redo electical system. Taking off trunk cover is major pain-broke it twice doing so. Twice had rear deck wiper blade torn off in car wash-must have it bagged or else. Friend had his car in over a dozen times for similar problems and ultimately BMW bought car back. Dealer says problems are now worked out. Still love to drive this car but am disappointed.

Just want to rate this vehicle
By accordlegend on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall very happy with the X5. Nice styling and great performance all in one. Great handling in Lake Tahoe as well as touring around town. Nothing beats it in my books.

X5, An Engineering Work of Art
By pakman94 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

2002 3.0Sp (white with sand and light wood)in line 6 with xenons, steptronic, rear climate, upgraded computer, lumbar and self dim mirrors is phenomenal! This is one first rate machine that is truely amazing. If I had all the money in the world, I would still choose this exact vehicle. The inline 6 is the smoothest engine in the world. Sweet, beautiful, classy responsive, solid and safe. What a combination!

2002 BMW X5 - A True Superstar!
By mark fee on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the finest automibile that I have ever owned. In fact, it is the finest vehicle that I have ever driven. The X5 has an uncanny ability to predict what the driver wants (and needs) and does it for / with you. It is refined and comfortable. I would buy it again in a heartbeat and will continue to drive one unless the rumored X7 comes out and then I might try the X7. The safety and comfort offered by the X5 is second to none. It is comfortable on long trips and is a blast on windy roads! It truly is "The Ultimate Driving Machine!"

Solid So Far
By Seattle X5er on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my X5 for about 8 months. It has been everything I had hoped for: fun to drive and comfortable. Everything is solid. Not a rattle or other problem (knock on wood). The paint job has been particularly impressive. I have taken a lot of rock hits at highway speeds, but I have not yet found one chip!