Wish I could return it
By mhrmhr on
2012 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I think I write an unfavorable review of my 2012 528i in my head every time I drive it. Its a real disappointment. Computer features are so counter intuitive. Interface crashes iPod regularly. Navigation- ridiculous use your iPhone. Start stop makes you feel like a you're driving a beater. And you'll choke out at an intersection. Interior storage is cramped. Car has gone in to Park twice a stop lights its a safety measure I think....?? Turning the car off is even hard push once to turn the engine off and perfectly synchronized double push to shut the car off completely otherwise you just turn the car back on. Sound system uneven the volume varies does not interface easily with iPod.
Favorite Features
Looks beautiful
Suggested Improvements
-Navigation why so many specific steps? With such specific information? -iPod interface -why does it crash so often and take so many steps to make a selection? -Stop/Start causes concern it feels like you won't have the acceleration you need when you need it. -Parking "button" feels weak and inconsistent -Allow the drivers side seat to go as far back as passenger seat -More room for sunglasses cup, key, change. -Navigation that vocally offers street names to look for at turns. -More head room always hit my head getting in and I'm only 5'11"
By ssi05
on 03/01/12 11:00 AM (PST)

Totally agree, start/stop feature is a joke, at least we have an option to turn it off, although it requires you to do it every time instead of saving that as a permanent option. The car shakes and lacks the acceleration needed to get go from a stop. GPS nav is not user friendly at all. I never use it for that reason and use my phone. Cup holders are awkward and sit right in front of the temp control buttons, I constantly need to move them in order to change temp and other controls while driving. BMW put so much love in designing the exterior but they forgot many of these interior daily nuances.

By luvinmybmw
on 05/23/12 18:09 PM (PDT)

I agree with the Navigation system...I have had two other BMW's with Navigation and they are a pain to use. Not very user friendly at all. My 2012 I'm happy to say I ordered without the Nav system! Now I don't have to worry about the system. In my opinion, it's easier to send map quest to your phone and go that route, not to mention it's much easier and much cheaper.