2004 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
Awesome S4
By KLouie on 11/11/06 21:46 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The S4 is a very smooth and powerful car. The build quality is excellent and the interior is beautiful. The torque range is very good and linear. I would like a little more steering feel and a little less body roll through tight turns. I love the exhaust note and turn off the stereo just to hear it(even though the stereo is excellent). I have a Porsche Boxster S which I love; this car is great, just different. It is an awesome car which works as a daily driver except for the gas mileage.

Audi S4 - Hard to Beat!
By audimania on 08/06/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Leased silver sedan with automatic trans in October 2003. Car has 35,000 miles. It is truly a driver's car - on windy, country roads, it handles as well as my Porsche 911. The handling is superior as are the brakes and ride quality. Reliability has been a bit of an issue - transmission had to be replaced - would have cost in excess of $6500 if car had not been under warranty. In short, if you can accept the extremely mediocre gas mileage, and want to carry 4 in relative comfort, and you want a smile on your face every time you drive, this is the machine.

911 Beater
By audi4ever on 06/23/06 20:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is one sensational automobile. Leased S4 automatic from local dealer in October 2004 and have been smiling ever since. The performance and handling are superb; very close to my 2004 Porsche 911 C2 in terms of fun to drive quotient over windy, country roads. My spouse, who wanted an A6, uses the S4 to commute and loves its size and superior handling and power. The suspension is compliant/ A true sports sedan! Super in winter with a set of 4 snow tires. Downside: fuel economy is atrocious - under 15 mpg around town. But when lease expires in April '07, we have already decided to get another. Love Audi's bumper to bumper warranty and service from local dealer.

The intelligent mans supercar!
By David Fravel on 06/14/06 14:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Absolutely awesome performance. Does everything well or better than my last Porsche 911. Fit and finish is excellent and build materials are the best at any price range. Driving the S4 at low or extreme high speeds feels efforlessly with comfort and composure. The quattro makes a good driver a great driver and makes up for mistakes that would normally put a 911 in the bushes. The two-tone silver suede and leather Recaro seats are the best in the hi-performance industry. The motor pulls stong down low and doesnt let up to its 7200rpm redline. Its a cross between a 911 and muscle car. I cant say enough about the new S4. Its in its own league when compairing other extreme sport sedan.

I Can't Wait to Drive My S4
By FastS on 06/03/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've never owned a car where I actually looked forward to driving it. This S4 has changed that. Driving it is truly enjoyable. The Recaro seats keep you firmly in place. I know there are faster cars and better handling but the overall experience in the S4 is one of the best.

I wake up everyday excited to drive it.
By raji1278 on 04/27/06 21:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my only car and it fills all my needs without ever complaining. My best analogy for this car would have to be the story, "Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". When needed, the car will get you to and from work, run errands, cruise across the country, whatever, all in a surprising amount of comfort. But, when you desire to have some fun with the car, it seems to transform into an absolute beast! It will pin you into the seat and scare the hell out of your passengers! Admittedly, the M3 performs slightly better in some categories, but it's also a VERY high-strung car, not nearly as comfortable to drive on a daily basis.

Audi S4 - great fun car!!
By Nick on 03/03/06 09:28 AM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

As the title suggests, I feel that this is a great car to drive. It's fun, has a great exhaust note (especially with my aftermarket exhaust) and provides for a very balanced driving experience. It might not be the fastest car out there for the money, but it provides for one of the best overall packages (quality of interior, performance, versatility, etc).

Eager Power - Needs more fun-to-drive.
By Greybeard on 12/26/05 08:56 AM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great ride - I'm a 4X BMW and former TT (225hp) owner. Love the power, stealth and sound. Went to Audi after BMW 'Banglized' and moved the clutch release point to top of throw. The S4 borders on a true driver's car. A very stable platform, wonderful, thrilling, power and great sounds. But misses on the fun-to-drive factor. AWD? - the thrill of the corner is not there. Almost oh-hum. There's a corner on my way home that takes 'skill' to traverse at speed. 528i-76 mph (thrilling), TT- 82 MPH (fun), S4-88 MPH stock rubber, 92 with better rubber - but no thrill. Seems like I live at the gas pump. Why do Audis have to be reprogrammed for keybob actuation of windows remote up/down.

Best overall!!!!
By Brad on 11/09/05 11:24 AM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Fun, fast and high quality.

All Weather Ripper
By The Colonel on 10/03/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Beat you on the track or on the way to Squaw Valley. Great for Urban driving as well as interstate cruises and backroad burning. Only design flaw: Failure of interior light dimmer to work sufficiently!