Second only to my '01 S2000
By TimTheFoolMan on
2004 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
This is a car for my wife, coming from an '03 Mountaineer. My best friend (certifiable performance guy) asked, "How did you talk your wife into getting this?" I didn't have to. She drove one and loved it right away. Prior to this car, my favorite sedan was a '97 Maxima. Having taken this on a short trip and driven it around town a fair amount, I'm no longer comparing other sedans to the Maxima; I compare them to the TL. The compromise of FWD will put off some performance enthusiasts, but the added space was worth it for me. Given the power, I'm surprised how well this FWD design works, and how little torque steer is present. I can't imagine one car that would appeal more to the two of us.
Favorite Features
The combination of ride quality, power, and economy. 30 MPG is achievable on cruise at 75 MPH. The balance is great on winding roads, with minimal reminders of FWD. Best factory stereo I've used. Very quiet at speed, making for easy conversation on the road.
Suggested Improvements
The factory stereo could use iPod integration (probably available on newer models). More wind noise from the mirrors than I would like, but this is audible because the rest of the car is so dang quiet.