2014 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Brake Safety Issue
By mountainbob

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mine and all 2014 models have a front end metal on metal clang going over bumps. Diagnosed by two dealers as brake pad metal backing hitting caliper clips. Acura will not fix, dealer has made a temporary fix. Dealers are frustrated with Acura over issue. Dealer says he does not know if this is a safety issue. Filed complaint with Federal safety commission. Metal on metal will eventually break down. Acura will have to fix the problem if more owners complain to dealers. This is a potential dangerous brake issue. The clang is not something that a so called "high end" SUV should have. Acura calls it, "a Characteristic" of the model. If this is so then lower the price to a low end SUV.

Handles well in snow and ice. Roomy interior. Gas Mileage is very good.

Replace current use of floating brake pads. Steering column cover between steering wheel and dashboard is mounted on all RDX models in a manner that is not level. Looks very cheap.

A great choice
By jh16

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2014 RDX AWD tech for about a week now. So far I have been very happy with the car. It drives smooth, brakes well, and the transmission seems to work flawlessly. I am most happy with the turning radius, as my last two vehicles were monsters to turn and try to park. I also looked at the Q5, and besides the Audi being more expensive, I did not like the idea of the turbo 4 cyl engine. I've driven an audi with a turbo before, and it seemed very inconsistent - thats something that I did not want to deal with again. The RDX has great acceleration (and sounds pretty good too when you step on it), its too bad they hid the dual exhaust tips up under the rear bumper.

The RDX has great acceleration (and sounds pretty good too when you step on it), its too bad they hid the dual exhaust tips up under the rear bumper. It has plenty roomy for up to 5 people, but it doesn't feel huge when its just you tooling to and from work. I've had a chance to use the navigation a couple times, and it seems pretty simple (not sure where the complaints I read in other reviews are coming from). Also, the stereo sounds great, and I love the bluetooth connectivity. Don't get me wrong, its not as fun to drive as my partners BMW 3 series, but the RDX is practical, luxurious, and pretty effortless to drive.

Option for automatic fold in mirrors larger light in cargo area Air vents for rear seat passengers Larger sunroof (like the Q5)

2014 RDX - Comfortable but a vibration issue ruins the fun
By familyguy1

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased in late Dec 2013 and after 3 months and 3,000 miles, here's my review: Ride is comfortable, agility is great, suspension is fairly stiff. Seats are supportive and comfortable (both front and rear). Sound system is great. BUT... The car has a vibration issue from about 60 MPH on up. Had the tires spin balanced, road force balanced, the prop shaft replaced... still there. The vibration is not severe, but it's ever present and on long trips, leaves your feet tingling a bit and ready to get out. Very annoying. Rode with the dealer service tech, he feels it too, but says that's as good as it gets. Because of the vibration, feels like I made a $38,000 mistake.

1) Eliminate the vibration issue(s) from 60 MPH on up. Very annoying. 2) Navigation system is a very outdated design. Feels like something from the late 90's.

good value for compact cross over
By ewl88

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good performance and value.

Expected acura reliability, pretty good fuel economy. Simple pricing scheme. Decent ride and performance.

Gps is outdated and controls for radio, climate control are convoluted. Touchscreen would be better. My 3 yr old infiniti has better controls.

OK but.....
By newro

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had Acura's since 1998, always a TL. My wife needed an all wheel/4 wheel drive that was not huge so we got out of a 2010 TL and into a 2013 RDX without the tech package. Its nice, but its not going to blow you away. As with all of my previous Acura's, its a quality build and reliable. Quick enough but I find it a little herky jerky in the steering, but, I have a 2010 Pathfinder which is like a tank compared to the RDX. It is pretty good in the snow, which is why we got it so I suppose that all in all, it does what its supposed to. It shares a radio with the Honda CRX and from what I am told, the all wheel drive platform as well. I guess its the Acura version of the CRX.

Comfortable, plenty of power. Roomy when the rear seats are down. Decent gas mileage.

Interior finish to me looks cheap. Radio is not a Bose and its the same radio as the CRX.