1991 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Best car I've owned yet.
By sledder on 07/30/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a few months ago and after replacing a few parts such as the main relay (seems to be a problem on a lot of Hondas and Acuras), the speed sensor and a couple other small parts. The car is awesome. It's been my daily driver pretty much since I bought it and I love every minute of it. The handling is unbelievable, handles better than any other affordable car I've driven. The performance is great, especially on the highway. The interior is showing some wear (dash has cracks, leather seats are cracking). It still rides great. I recommend this car to anyone that is looking at buying a cheap, reliable car. You may have to spend some $ to get it in top shape, but it'll be worth it.

Hitting the salvage yard with fond memories
By Acura Impressed on 04/29/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

A stud of a car and I'm still happy I purchased it those years ago. A powerful, fast car both on the freeway and off the line. Timeless lines and style; before the paint started fading people asked about it thinking it was a newer model car. Only in the last couple year have I started to nickel and dime for small things. After a fender bender though, the insurance has deemed it an economic total -- transmission and engine are still strong with 160,000 miles on it.

18 Years old! Luxury, Power, Comfort
By 1991KA8 on 09/18/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Fell in love with my Legend as soon as I bought. Reliability with comfort along with luxury and power. What more can you ask for? You'll be lucky if you will find another great car like this ever again. First and last car. Guaranteed that is how you will feel.

One of the great Hondas
By nate on 06/23/07 12:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I truly love my 91 Legend Coupe. Sure, it can't go 0-60 in six flat, and maybe the mpg is a little low for $3.00 a gallon, but it's worth it. Simply driving it around town is fun, compared to some other beaters I've driven. You get it on the highway and it's like a dream; solid as a rock. Performance, however, is not what you would expect from 200 hp, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the weight and the transmission design (automatic). It is truly the kind of Honda that you hear about, the ones that have 125k+ miles and run better than most late model American cars. My advice: if you can find one of these with life left in it, buy it.

Great Car
By wolfpack770 on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Inherited this car from my father, who has owned an 86 legend, a 92 four door legend, this 91 coupe, and a 2003 RL. I think he still misses this car, even though his RL is nice. Still get comments from people at stoplights, gas stations, etc. I can't think of another 1991 that would still make heads turn. Drives great, reliable, fast enough, wonderful car. I've been saying for years they should have continued making these.

A True Legend
By DugALug on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This car has been wonderful I love it and I am sad to be finally getting rid of it after 14 years.

The Legend of the Legends
By Phredd on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Picked up the car 8 months ago after my Hyundai got totalled. The Acura had 154,000 when I got it.. and with a little TLC to get the heat working, and fix some cooling system issues, the car is very nice. It's now got 167,000, and is going strong. About the two worst things are the gas mileage and the missing cup holder... But hey, it's not an economy car, and I've learned to live without the cup holder.

LEGEND
By dizyblonde2k3 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

When i bought my Acura, i didnt know how good of a car that it was. I had it for like a week and everyone was telling me that i had a great car. Everything was awsome in my car,the sun foor,the sterio,the gas,everything. Well eveything exept it didnt last through it's first accident. I had it for 5 months, and my boyfriend got into an accident with it and totaled it.

Very satisfied owner
By Miquelle on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I've had the 1991 Acura Legend for almost 3 years. It was 10 years old when I bought it, with only 32,500 miles. We sold our first Acura Legend after 12 years and 200,000 miles of excellent service, with very few problems. The 1991 is better looking with similar comfort and reliability.

DREAM CAR
By Therdsak on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

One of the cars that was ahead of its time. Even today the car looks great and still looks better than most cars today. Has everything a person could possibly want. Mine even has a center console cupholder.