Used 2012 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used XC70 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

After 3 Months...We're still in love!

Frank, 02/22/2017
T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 2012 XC70 T6 with 23,000 miles on it. I got it just in time, as Portland winter came and we were blanketed in snow and ice 4 times over 2 months. I put studded tires on the car and it has been a tank! Not one single slip or skid...even starting on a steep incline. The acceleration is amazing. This car flat out moves, which is pretty impressive considering it is not a light vehicle. The seats are amazingly comfortable! You can actually feel the seat cushion bounce a little as you go over bumps rather than your body absorbing the shock. We had reservations of purchasing a used Volvo over a new Subaru, but after driving both...the decision was easy. Hoping this girl keeps truckin' for many more years!

Love my new car

aptje14, 04/05/2013
T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My family loves this Wagon. Perfect daily driver for people with kids and pets. Comfortable on long trips. Safety features are very important to my family and this car doesn't disappoint. This Volvo Wagon is effortless to drive and I look forward to any excuse for a road trip. Update: We have owned this car for 4 years now and still love it. My sixteen year old has chosen this car to drive over our other car, a BMW 335i. We feel that she is very safe in the Volvo but sure do miss driving it ourselves. We would have two if we could afford it. The new models get much better gas mileage which now makes this the perfect vehicle, in our opinion.

Indestructible machine!

Rod, 02/21/2020
3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

While most continue to buy (I don't know why) their SUV, I will continue to buy Volvo wagons. AWD, more room than most SUVs, better gas mileage, tow 3,400 pounds AND the most comfortable seats in the industry and of course the safety. Awesome machines, very easy to work on and maintain. I have owned my 2012 XC70 for 5 1/2 years and my 1998 V70 for 18 years. Expensive new, very inexpensive used. Buy one, maintain it, it will not die. Indestructible!

Test Drove the 2012 XC70 t6

solarwinds, 04/06/2014

XC70 t6 is a great looking solid vehicle... I test drove a 2012 t6 with 70K miles for about 40 minutes in city and highway... The MPG are not great but the power is smooth and it is a 4100 pound solid vehicle that you will hopefully be safe in. The seats and interior and features are fantastic better than a BMW, Audi, or MB. At this point it is either a MB wagon, XC70 t6, Subaru Out Back... I wont get a BMW wagon because of the RFT. I just don't see a utility vehicle or people mover not having a spare tire... The MB no off road... So its going to be an t6 or an Out Back. I would recommend a XC70 t6 it a very solid machine...

Solid, Smooth and very powerful

rnarendmd, 04/25/2012

This is my second xc70 after trading up from a 2006 model. The new T6 model is so much better than the previous model. The engine is terrific and the comfort and ride quality are much improved. Gas mileage is about the same as the old turbo 5 cyl. (avg. 19.6 so far on reg. fuel; but car only has 500 miles on it and is not broken in yet). The premium stereo is terrific and the streaming bluetooth works great. The overall feeling of the car is very refined and is a great car for someone with young kids. Cargo space is obviously excellent as well. Very happy with my new car and looking forward to the first road trip!

FURSTRATION Volvo lost a good customer

robert d, 02/15/2017
T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

this car has headlights not fit for night driving above 45 mph.I have owned four Volvos and I loved the first three,2002 v70 a great car.A 2006 s60 good car and s80 so the decision to buy a new Volvo was easy. little did I know that the head lights were changed and no adjustment would help the lights. BECAUSE the lights have a visor over them preventing you from seeing far enough down the road. The Volvo dealers were of no help. one saying you could buy a different car REALY! all VOLVOS WITH HALAGON LITES WEAR VISORS I think it is a mandate tp lower the beams so as not to blind on coming cars and to prevent you from seeing ROAD SIGNS WITHOUT USING THE HIGH BEAMS because of this I sold this UNSAFE VOLVO. VOLVO lost me as a customer . VOLVO THE I DON'T CARE COMPANY I expected more from the safe car co.

Swedish buy

A Reader, 01/28/2016
3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Know ahead what options to look for since some vehicles do not automatically have certain options

good

Gus, 08/08/2019

Good