Used 2018 Volvo XC60 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used XC60 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Volvo’s best and safest SUV.

Volodoscope, 04/19/2018
T8 Inscription Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Volvo brand has always been my favorite. Their Scandinavian design, simplicity and their attention to complete safety is what kept me with them for many years. With the recent changes with Volvo, it’s only more clear that their future is going to be amazing. They have completely rethought their car line, and with the new XC60 they are gonna be very recognizable on any road. This is my first SUV, and I wouldn’t have gotten it if it wasn’t for the beautiful design of XC60. This size is not too big and not so compact like other luxury makers. I got the T8 Twin Engine trim with 10 kWh battery that gives 18-20 miles range on pure electric drive. My favorite things about the car: -air suspension is incredibly comfortable and soft -remote start, pre-cooling, pre-heating all though the Volvo App is amazing, even works with my Apple Watch -comfort and quietness of the cabin -design of the interior and the screen interface and interaction -internet in the car, over the air updates of all maps, installation of free apps -Volvo’s own sound system is superb -Spotify -Apple CarPlay -Autonomous Drive is very accurate from everyday driving to work -auto braking and crash avoidance is amazing -once a year maintenance is a breeze -electric drive is so smooth and quick, it almost feels like a mini Tesla -LED lights are beautiful and bright enough in all situations I’ve experienced -size of the XC60 is just right Things that can improve: -Volvo needs to work with dealerships more and be allowed to fully update the car over-the-air -charging speed could improve with time, with software updates too -transition from engine to electric needs more ironing out -more options and controls in the user interface and the screen, few more options to make the car your own and have more customizations -Volvo needs to help plug-in hybrids to find charging stations, they kind of let that up to the driver Overall this is the best car I’ve even driven, even comparing it to cars I’ve been in, like Audi and BMW, Volvo always takes on extra points on character, design, and comfort. This is truly Scandinavian philosophy, nothing more and nothing less, just what you need, and after driving it everyday I can see it very well.

Love and hate it!

OlegB, 02/22/2018
T8 Momentum Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

XC60T8 is a great car except poor voice recognition system, lack of AM radio, CD player, and spare tire. The car is fun to drive, has exceptional MPG and has a lot of safety features probably the best in his class. Enjoy!

Good Swedish Car

P Folger, 10/08/2018
T8 R-Design Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

It is an expensive car, but after being 500 miles into it I like it. Still have not mastered all that came with it, no hurry. Did my 1st month of almost 500 miles, plugged gnat home, plugged in at office, 10 gallons.

Couldn’t find Volvo XC60 Momentum Hybrid anywhere!

Bruce, 03/06/2018

There does not appear to ve a Volvo XC60 Momentum Hybrid for sale anywhere in the U.S. this is a big fail.

battery loses power

akaz, 03/31/2020

I own a 2018 Volvo XC60 T8. I bought it new because I wanted a luxury car with environmental qualities and after researching, was pleased with the positive reviews. I mostly drive around town, so the 18 MPGe were perfect. We had an electrician come and install a 240 outlet in our garage for faster charging. Two and a half years later the battery will only charge to 12 MPGe. Took it in for servicing and they said, "per the owners manual, the car is performing as it should." I looked in the owners manual. Here's what it says: The capacity of the hybrid battery diminishes somewhat with age and use, which could result in increased use of the gasoline engine and consequently, slightly higher fuel consumption. I am so very disappointed. Good luck trying to trade this car in...who wants a hybrid that is loosing it's hybrid capacity. I just want to warn those who may want to buy the newly advertised XC90's. If you only want the car for two years, go for it. But don't expect much out of this hybrid in the long run.