Used 1999 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

THIS IS JUST HONEST

TOO BAD, 08/03/2009
GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I so wanted a volvo. Less than a year after purchasing my car my check engine light went on - it has basically been on ever since. Try passing AIMS test with that. I have paid several times to have the car hooked up to a "Volvo" computer to get the problem codes. Ater a while, I just taped a picture of my dog over the numerous lights that go off and on for no apparent reason. It is comfortable inside and looks great on the outside. Hate the cup holders (what genius designed that) Anyway, hate the thought of buying another car but may have to - will it be a volvo, for sure - NOT. Give me the basic designs of the 60's and 70's when you used to be able to change your own oil!

Stay Away

mecjac, 05/23/2013
GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

Always told Volvo's were reliable cars. This one has had problems since day one. I have gone through 2 sets of O2 sensors and its ready for a 3rd, used both Volvo and OEM before. 02 sensor harnesses. Replaced throttle body. Oil breather box, emissions system, and PCV needs replaced. Replaced ball joints and tie rod ends. Steering still makes noise. Power steering fluid leak. Cam seal oil leak. 2 heater cores replaced. Ate 2 sets of breaks and rotors in 50K. Turbo needs rebuilt. Fuses and bulbs go out all time. Electric seat motors are going out. Cup holders are poorly designed.

Tried and True - even in a box

Nancydrew1970, 08/13/2003
GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I grew up in a family where 3 of our 4 family cars were Volvos: 240DL; 760 Turbo and some long wagon. This car is my first Volvo (not counting the 240 I drove at 16). Originally I thought I would want the S40 but it was just entirely too small and I've always been a "box" bodystyle fan. The S70 has the right amount of leg room, head room and hip room. My ownly concerns: electrial. On my drive home from the dealership I encountered a check engine light and the turn signals stopped working. I hope this isn't a trend. Glad I bought the extented warranty to 2006.

Great Car Fantastic Durabilty

Chris, 03/05/2006
GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car is one of the best for reliabitly. Can be an annoying problem with electrical warning lights sometimes going off for no reason. Everyone seems to have that check engine problem. Car still looks and runs great.

Great car

Mojovolvo, 11/07/2006
GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I really have enjoyed owning this car. In manages to be compact on the outside, yet so roomy on the inside. It's getting old now, and has 160,000 miles on it, but people still comment, "I like your NEW Volvo", and every time someone new gets in they say, "wow, this car is comfortable!" Beyond that, it never breaks, is fun to drive, returns reasonable mileage, and is incredibly practical.