Used 2011 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews

$14,998

Used C70 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Excellent Value

billnjax, 02/18/2011

We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked.

c70,tired of dealing with problems

barbara, 01/03/2016
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

had to make 4 trips to dealership for a sensor in the front wheels that made the electronics go crazy. interior door handles , the finish flaked off. speaker issues with buzzing, and they claimed their was no problem after 4 visits to dealership . it handled well, fun to drive, but tired of stupid stuff!

love to drive - but sick and tired of the repairs

Russ Ketchum, 10/04/2016
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am the original owner, bought in 2011 and love the look and feel of the car. drove it without issue for the first 30K miles. I maintained as instructed - however, the first issue appeared shortly after 30k, ac blew hot air on one side - dealer said they fixed, under warranty - no problem. same problem again just a few thousand miles later - dealer fixed again, no problem. then - 10K later, same issue - dealer fixed again, with the assurance "they fixed for good this time". starting to get annoyed. during that time, tires only got 30k - had to be replaced, dealer said thats normal for this vehicle. also had a check engine lite issue, which the dealer fixed, along with a few other annoying issues. took it in for the "final" warranty repair/maint at 60K. It looks "great" they tell me.... bring it back in at 67K, out of warranty.... repair bill 4K - I asked, all this happened in the last 7k miles? yep they say, nothing covered, shocks, struts, motor mounts etc.... Oh - and by the way, the AC blows hot again! - 1400 to repair, I threw a fit - wrote a letter to volvo, they sent me back a check for 1200.... since then, replaced another motor mount, transmission mount, some oil sensor and housing that was leaking, cv boots and joints, front axles all in all, 7400$ ALL SINCE THAT 60 K CHECKUP (I now have 90k miles on it) replaced the headlamps twice, and now the driver side doesn't work at all - even after replacing the bulbs.... too bad, I love the look of the car, but no more volvos for me.... UPDATE - since the last review at 90K I have dumped another 4K into the car - just not worth buying another volvo... since 60K miles and total ownership cost well over 12K when you include regular maintenance....

My first volvo

nodregob, 10/20/2010

This is my first Volvo..It won't be my last! It is fast, comfortabe.well designed inside and out and fun to drive. I am very satisfied with the mileage,getting 29mpg city and open road. Fit and finish is great and to date not a single concern.

YIP E

thirdwiley, 02/15/2011

After one month, this is my favorite Volvo in initial quality and design. I have owned a 850 GLT and currently own an S80. The C70 is quieter at interstate speeds than my S80 and my wife and I feel like we are in a snug, safe, comfortable cocoon when driving. It's just plain fun to drive and we also like the head-turning effect.