Used 2011 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Problems with 2011 c70 t5
By jimbo1951@sbcglobal.net

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Dealership personnel are Not knowledgeable about their vehicles. I have found more info online than they will ever know or admit to. No-one has ever said the RDAR makes the computer search for a signal day and night so if you don't start your car often the battery will discharge. RDAR is a service you can Buy form Volvo if you Buy it problem solved. Enjoy the monthly payment on that! There was or is a lawsuit about this, see google. No-one at a dealership will admit or they are so ignorant about their vehicles you can't get a straight answer. If your windows stop going up and down automatically you must reset them, well good luck trying to reset them your self. It is Not in the owners manual. Even the techs on the forum will not give you a straight answer. I would not recommend a Volvo to anyone. The older ones in the 70's were good 2000 and up you are asking for problems.

Second Volvo Convertble
By OBX

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have own 2 c70 convertibles. First soft top, Second hard top. They both have been great cars. Volvo customer service is a big factor for me. . Take my car there from NC for all my maintenance.

Hate my 2011 volvo c70
By Mary j anthony

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased November 2011, new...Mustang performance is better. Mustang reliability is much better. And we are a long time Volvo family ! What a shock to get this one and it is the last one for us. I bought this car for my children and grandchildren to be safe, but it is difficult to know whether it is safe because I cannot keep it running.... It seems that if the car is not driven daily, the battery runs down. The dealer insists that nothing is wrong with the battery. The tires wore out early , apparently because of an alignment problem that caused front and rear tires to wear on the inside. Although the car was taken in for regular maintenance, this was not discovered until the tires were non-viable. Little parts were regularly found lying in the car ( they matched the car interior) and appear to be covers for something, but the dealer has no idea what. The piece in front of the passenger feet keeps falling down and must be repositioned. It has been replaced by the dealer without improvement. There Is a side hatch on the driver's side that will not stay closed. It has been replaced without benefit. There are more gnawing problems. I just had to get a coil replaced. we were out of town for 2 weeks and my dayghter had to get people with much older vehicles to provide transportation because no one could keep the car cranked due to presumably the battery ( hard to know . The car will not crank. But cannot open car without emergency key and lights do not come on). I am attempting to charge the battery with heavy duty charger, unsuccessfully. I can get the lights to come on sometimes. When I complained again at the dealer while waiting to get the battery checked last time, the salesman tried to sell me another car!!! This one is not paid for....it cost $10,000 more than a mustang, but would be safe and dependable for the family.
In April of 2017, I was able to trade the Volvo in for a Kia.
As we were about to trade, the head liner fell down. On an internet search, we found that others have had this same problem.
You may also want to make sure that the trunk latch is working.
You will need to test doors and trunk while keys are out of range, as they automatically unlock doors and trunk as you approach.
The 66,617 mileage is the mileage just prior to trade in at 5.5 years. This is very low mileage for us.

love to drive - but sick and tired of the repairs
By Russ Ketchum

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am the original owner, bought in 2011 and love the look and feel of the car. drove it without issue for the first 30K miles. I maintained as instructed - however, the first issue appeared shortly after 30k, ac blew hot air on one side - dealer said they fixed, under warranty - no problem. same problem again just a few thousand miles later - dealer fixed again, no problem. then - 10K later, same issue - dealer fixed again, with the assurance "they fixed for good this time". starting to get annoyed. during that time, tires only got 30k - had to be replaced, dealer said thats normal for this vehicle. also had a check engine lite issue, which the dealer fixed, along with a few other annoying issues. took it in for the "final" warranty repair/maint at 60K. It looks "great" they tell me.... bring it back in at 67K, out of warranty.... repair bill 4K - I asked, all this happened in the last 7k miles? yep they say, nothing covered, shocks, struts, motor mounts etc.... Oh - and by the way, the AC blows hot again! - 1400 to repair, I threw a fit - wrote a letter to volvo, they sent me back a check for 1200.... since then, replaced another motor mount, transmission mount, some oil sensor and housing that was leaking, cv boots and joints, front axles all in all, 7400$ ALL SINCE THAT 60 K CHECKUP (I now have 90k miles on it) replaced the headlamps twice, and now the driver side doesn't work at all - even after replacing the bulbs.... too bad, I love the look of the car, but no more volvos for me.... UPDATE - since the last review at 90K I have dumped another 4K into the car - just not worth buying another volvo... since 60K miles and total ownership cost well over 12K when you include regular maintenance....

A Great Car
By ted churn

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great running car. Not much room in the back seats when the front seats are pushed all the way back. Seats are some of the most comfortable ever. No complaints. Look forward to spring when ew can drive with the top down. Above all, it has the feel of a "safe" car.
02/11/17
Still a great car. Had to have rod extenders put on the back exile because back tires wear unevenly. Should remedy that issue. Expensive to maintain but then it's a volvo.