Used 2007 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...456789

Pros
Cons
3.63 out of 5 stars

Get Ready to Spend More Money

VWFan, 02/09/2007
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love to drive my Touareg and drive about 20,000 miles annually. I enjoy the style, handling, and overall quality of the vehicle. That said BEWARE! The brakes last only about 30,000 miles and cost about $1,600 to replace! The tires are pricey and burn out at under 40,000 miles as well. A small front rattle is common, but minor/easily fixed with felt. Don't get me wrong - I love the ride, but for the money I expect more in services and extras that VW just wont deliver. Check out the Audi SUVs for a better deal.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Much Better than the '07 Passat

JimS, 03/02/2007
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an '07 Passat 3.6 fully loaded with every bell and whistle and had problems from day one and couldn't wait to trade it. I was reluctant to buy another VW but have always loved the Touareg and got a great deal on mine! It is 10 times the vehicle and I love the comfort, safety and performance of my V6, I had wanted the V8 but they didn't have any in Atlanta and none with the 350 HP engine. I had heard terrible reliable ratings for this SUV but so far I am completely pleased, it has no squeaks or rattles and very solid feel. It has horrible gas mileage, but I knew that when I bought it. I have always owned BMW's and Mercedes, the standard features on my Touareg are options on these other two. All in all, I am very pleased!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Creme of the Crop

MM, 07/21/2007
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This mid-size SUV is a great SUV. It is extremely well built, the fit and finish, as well as quality of materials is excellent. On par with what you'd expect from any of the top German automakers. I was a bit skeptical at first. After all dropping 50k for a VW just didn't seem to make sense, ah but when you test drive it you'll love it. I did and drove a V8 fully loaded home. The ride quality is outstanding and the engine is excellent in regards to accelleration and fun to drive factor. If it continue to perform in this manner I'd definitely buy another VW. Let me just say it's not your Grandpa's VW anymore, it a modern art masterpiece.

1...456789